Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

The very fact that he was above Delf in the pecking order says it all really, he is the best striking prospect we have at the club!

This is from the same coach(s) who see him day in day out too.

Be great to have him back in contention!

The coaches certainly think that atm.

I'm with Paulandonya on this one, don't think he's all that good.

Paulandonya has proven time and time again that he knows absolutely nothing. Passion, sure, but knows naff all. So, if he doesn't think Wiemann is very good....we can assume from that that he is quality. Fact.

port10.at: You train already back with the team. How are you?

Andreas Weimann: Very good! I am now for almost three weeks training. The injury I already feel a little, but on the whole, I am fit again and ready for use.

On 26.12.10 at Tottenham you were in, as under the canceled match against Wigan, squad. On Tuesday she will play against Manchester City. Succeed even in 2010 your comeback in the Premier League?

This would obviously be a dream! Whether I get the chance, I do not know. My goal at present is a place in the squad. Ultimately, it depends on the coach, if I get time use or not.

I always give everything to be in the squad!

Andreas Weimann

What is your relationship with coach Gerard Houllier?

He likes how I play. One is happy with me and my performances in training. We have a good relationship.

As the injury-induced break was for you?

At first it was very bad. The doctors were afraid that I because of the ankle injury which I drew upon me during the game against Rapid, not six months, can play. It is then but fortunately it went faster. So I had to pause now a total of only three and a half months.

As your injury during a training day looked like?

The first two weeks I could not do anything. I had a cast and was at home. Then I started cycling, swimming and weight training. After three months, came to running training.

My teammates are all very helpful. They often come to and want to help, so we improved.

Weimann of Ashley Young and Co.

Your injury happened in a duel with Veli Kavlak 19 August 2010 at the European League qualifying match against Rapid Vienna in your hometown. How did you experience this day?

I was very happy to travel to my former club Rapid Vienna. I will use, I would have not expected. And only a few minutes after I was on the field, I was already on the ground ...

While you were away injured, there occurred some ugly scenes. The Rapid fans insulted and spat up, showered up with beer. As you have seen these scenes? What's going on in one?

The insults I have not noticed that I was later told. The spit and the backfilling but already - that was really bad. Something I could not have expected. It was like a slap in the face! I can not understand such actions. That makes it not easy!

How do you deal with it?

I just think no more of that. The thing is finished for me!

Read on the next page why the Rapid fans have no excuse, as announced by him, as his relationship with Rapid looks like today and why 2011 will create the breakthrough at Aston Villa.

Page 2

Have the Rapid fans - as announced - apologized to you?

The return leg in Birmingham gave me Andy Marek (Rapid announcer and director of the Rapid Service Club, ed) a ultras fan package presented as an excuse. I have also read on the Internet that the fans want to call me, but that's never happened. Since this action was neither a call nor any other attempts at communication.

What is your relationship with Rapid today? You once said you will in your heart always be Rapid fan. Is that still the case?

I'm still Rapid fan, I also still inquire on the Internet, such as rapid play, but perhaps not as intense as ever. I will probably always keep the action in mind.

Just before your injury you have given in the Premier League your debut.

Yes, the game against West Ham United (a few days before the Rapid Game on 14/08/2010, Ed), I was in the 86th Minutes off the bench. Even at the preliminary meeting, I was very delighted that our former coach Kevin MacDonald had me called into the squad. As it then stood 3-0, I thought, maybe he'll give me a chance yes. Seven minutes from time he said to me: 'Andi get ready, you come in! " It was an incredibly great feeling to enter the Villa Park, the fans clap and cheer for you, simply indescribable.

At Aston Villa as a young player you also get the chance to play and to prove it!

Andreas Weimann about his club

After pausing for months to have this success is certainly not easy to sustain.

It was not easy. I had made his debut in the Premier League and the Europa League and was actually about to establish myself. You think simply: why now? Why just before my breakthrough? But the family and my friends helped me a lot. I then swore I come back stronger. Then I have been working.

What goals did you set else for 2011?

Just give it all! In the first team to be in the squad and are also used. And besides playing with the reserves from January to regain match fitness.

http://tinyurl.com/3xwlldt

Well, I hope his come back is to happen soon enough and that he impresses me. He could've had his first goal against wham if Carew had looked up a little.

Disgrace what happened when he was carried out against Rapid.

He looks like a player with the same attitude as Albrighton - i.e. chipper and tries hard.

I wish his English would improve, he needs a bit more of it (no offence to ya Arnie)

He looks like a player with the same attitude as Albrighton - i.e. chipper and tries hard.

I wish his English would improve, he needs a bit more of it (no offence to ya Arnie)

I think thats the wonder of an online translator, not Andreas control of the English language :D

Yeah I thought the same too, he said it in German for a bit of variety I think. Cuellar spoke in spanish too if I recall. Either way, two seconds of talking isn't enough to judge how good his english is. He's been in the UK for a fair while now and he seemed to communicate well enough with the rest of the reserve team considering how good he has been for them, I don't think we have much to worry about on that front.

• 2 weeks later...
Will he get a chance in first team? Houllier said in an interview we have four strikers ... emile, gabby, fonz and carew. Never mentioned Wiemann at all, wonder if he will get a chance or not, deserves a chance atleast I reckon.

He will

Â