Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Sorry but  Its a bit pointless trying to redefine our current wage structure when our wages have to be inline with what other clubs are paying. I think Weimann was on 15k a week and he's be offered 20k a week. I've no idea what he is worth but I think 20k seems very low for a player of his potential. We have to keep him simple!

Yes but if we loose a player like Weimann then what does that say about us?

I don't know... perhaps that another manager sees Andi as a great prospect, knows he can buy him cheap (just one year left of his contract) and so can offer Andi OTT wages. Different managers/clubs value players differently at different times. Occasionally that can benefit us; for example, 9 months ago we valued Benteke higher than Arsenal and others.

While we're playing the wages game:

Those who have said we should do whatever to keep him, I'm curious what is the maximum you would offer?

Those who have said we should not allow certain contracts to run down to the final year, how would you avoid it?

you guys insane? Easily worth 40k. 21 year old international who has just had a great season who will have a great re sale value. Its those 30 year old injury prone defenders we shouldnt be paying 60-70k for.

If you want to keep a player you simply pay him what a prospective club is willing to pay him. I doubt Norwich or Newcastle are ready to give him £40,000 a week. Maybe £25,000 - that's what he should be offerred. If he or his handlers feels "disrespected" by the offer, then he can leave.

I have to say that you guys have a good knowledge on what wages players are on and what they should get. :) I don't have a clue. But then again, I think £5k/week is more than enough for any player.

I don't mind loosing Weimann, there are better players out there. 

I love him as a player, but his loss wouldnt have as big impact as a loss of Benteke to us. 

I don't know how true that is, while I can see your point, the lad is only 21, 22 in August mind, but look at it this way the only player younger than him in the Premier League to score more goals than him was Lukaku, he got 7 goals in the league could have been double really, he was playing wide tracking back working his socks off in a side who didn't score enough goals till the last 10 weeks of the season. We'd be mad to lose him over a couple of grand a week.

• Like 1

I dunno, an assist is worth the same as a goal, so they wouldn't be greedy beacuse of it, and they get less if they drop points than they do if they win, so they'd be doing what they can to help the team win. Maybe the actual percentages for the performance bonuses are off, but I think that's how contracts should be. 25k a week is more than enough for them to live comfortably on, the rest is just gravy, and it's up to their performances to dictate how much extra they'd earn

You don't get anything for an assist of an assist.

Isn't that classed as a "key pass"? I'm sure that could be factored in

I dunno, an assist is worth the same as a goal, so they wouldn't be greedy beacuse of it, and they get less if they drop points than they do if they win, so they'd be doing what they can to help the team win. Maybe the actual percentages for the performance bonuses are off, but I think that's how contracts should be. 25k a week is more than enough for them to live comfortably on, the rest is just gravy, and it's up to their performances to dictate how much extra they'd earn

But wasn't Weimann's Liverpool goal assisted by Bannan for his truly awe inspiring 10 yard pass to Benteke?

I think £25k for Weimann is a fair deal for everyone. If he goes he goes. It would be a massive shame but there are better players in the squad who I would feel more gutted about losing.

Isn't that classed as a "key pass"? I'm sure that could be factored in

No, a key pass is a pass that would have been an assist had the striker scored. 

The statistics don't go three passes back. 

You couldn't even make it work pay everyone in the move who touched the ball, as players who make great runs to pull away defenders could have been just as important.

Much simpler to give them a wage and let the manager do the motivating.

Weimann kind of reminds me of James Milner in many ways. Give him a year and he'll have a similar retail value.

I just hope they can tie it up one way or another

I agree-I think next season will be even better than this season for him & if we were to let his contract run down,we would be kicking ourselves over arguing about half a million a year in wages-This equates to £2 million over 4 years-Nowhere near enough to buy a replacement.

Weiman is as proven in the Premiership as Benteke is & given minutes on the pitch,I doubt the goal ratio between the two is very different.

The one saving grace of our season just gone was the form of our front 3-If people think Weiman is realisticly & easily replaceable,I'd like to know who they have in mind.

Weimann kind of reminds me of James Milner in many ways. Give him a year and he'll have a similar retail value.

I just hope they can tie it up one way or another

I agree-I think next season will be even better than this season for him & if we were to let his contract run down,we would be kicking ourselves over arguing about half a million a year in wages-This equates to £2 million over 4 years-Nowhere near enough to buy a replacement.

Weiman is as proven in the Premiership as Benteke is & given minutes on the pitch,I doubt the goal ratio between the two is very different.

The one saving grace of our season just gone was the form of our front 3-If people think Weiman is realisticly & easily replaceable,I'd like to know who they have in mind.

It's nuts as I said he's a kid, 21 years old and Lukaku was the only player younger than him to score more in the league. Out of the 35 players who did outscore him I'd bet there aren't 10 who work as hard as him.

I don't mind loosing Weimann, there are better players out there. 

I love him as a player, but his loss wouldnt have as big impact as a loss of Benteke to us. 

Yes but we will loose Benteke at some point anyway. The trouble is if we are going to replace Weimann with someone better we are going to have to pay a lot of money in transfer fee, and pay a lot more than 40k a week in wages. We simply cant afford to loose him in my opinion!

I don't know why, but I'll be quite pissed off with Weimann and his agent if they play stupid hardball with us. We've given him his chance, allowed him to develop and really looked after him. If he chooses to shun us then so be it but I will far from impressed.

With the new tv deal hasn't our revenue just gone up 30%? Seems mental with others set to leave we cannot offer him 40k+ or at least a scalable contract where he can increase his weekly salary.

We have 4 forwards, gabby, bent, benteke and Weimann. And the goss is saying 3 of those are looking likely to be movig away from VP.

However good Lambert is there is no way we'd survive all 3 leaving this summer. Not without some serious cash to spend

Â