Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

If its down to money then I'd rather let him go. Lambert gave him a platform this season and really got him to play well, if he wants to jump ship already because of a few grand then let him.

Thing is, I think he loves this club and I assume he's just away on international duty like Benteke.

• Like 1

Im sure people just pluck figures out of the air..saying weimann shoul go onto 45k. He has had one decent season.. What's going to happen if he has a good one next yr going to be put on 90k? It's ridiculous the figures people are spouting.

Those figures also go against the mantra of Lamberts young hungry.

Finally as someone said earlier he has a yr left on his contract, it has not expired so he won't be lesving this yr unless we choose to sell

Benteke has also had one decent season yet people are spouting £30 mill+ transfer fees & £80k a week wages.

The point is we either lose him for nothing on a free or negotiate a new contract now.If for example he has been on a £15k a week wage as an up & coming kid then it is reasonable to assume that he can command a lot more as a striker who has just scored 12 PL goals from a wide position & who is going to get better.

We need to decide if we are going to build something,in which case we need to improve wages as players develop or whether we are just looking to survive in the division in which case £20K a week is tops & if players can get more elsewhere then they can go & we'll replace them with another un heard of gamble.

It is Weimans turn to negotiate now.2 years down the line,it will be that of Lowton,Westwood etc.As players prove themselves at this level,it is natural they will expect improved contracts when renewal time approaches.Its all down to ambition & commitment from our chairman as to where we are going.

Im sure people just pluck figures out of the air..saying weimann shoul go onto 45k. He has had one decent season.. What's going to happen if he has a good one next yr going to be put on 90k? It's ridiculous the figures people are spouting.

Those figures also go against the mantra of Lamberts young hungry.

Finally as someone said earlier he has a yr left on his contract, it has not expired so he won't be lesving this yr unless we choose to sell

Benteke has also had one decent season yet people are spouting £30 mill+ transfer fees & £80k a week wages.

The point is we either lose him for nothing on a free or negotiate a new contract now.If for example he has been on a £15k a week wage as an up & coming kid then it is reasonable to assume that he can command a lot more as a striker who has just scored 12 PL goals from a wide position & who is going to get better.

We need to decide if we are going to build something,in which case we need to improve wages as players develop or whether we are just looking to survive in the division in which case £20K a week is tops & if players can get more elsewhere then they can go & we'll replace them with another un heard of gamble.

It is Weimans turn to negotiate now.2 years down the line,it will be that of Lowton,Westwood etc.As players prove themselves at this level,it is natural they will expect improved contracts when renewal time approaches.Its all down to ambition & commitment from our chairman as to where we are going.

25/ 30m for selling Benteke is probably about right due to worth to the team in keeping us up, the length of his contract, his future potential and that a replacement would have to be purchased. However, I think 80k is ridiculous and he shouldn't be offered anywhere near that yet.

I'm all for building and signing players onto longer contracts and for looking after our better players, but it has to come at a reasonable cost. For me nether player is currently worth the figures being banded about

We simply have to work to a sustainable wage structure from now on. No player is bigger than the future of AVFC .

That's fine-Don't moan about continuing relegation battles,poor defensive performances & poor quality of football then.

We got away with it by the skin of our teeth this year-We won't always have 19 goal a season strikers on £20K a week to rely on & sooner or later,our luck will run out playing this game.

Lerner took over promising investment,5 year plans & a bright future-I see little of that at present & there will be no chance whatsoever of getting anywhere if we can't compete with bottom half of the table sides in terms of salaries.

So not such a great PL strike rate. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good young player but he still has a lot to prove if he wants big money in my opinion. Then again the way cash is thrown about in football nowadays , being distinctly average can get you 40k a week

who does the actual negotiating? is PL or Karsa involeved at any stage?

You ask if Gary Karsa, a man who has grown up in a changing room with studs under his boots, is negotiating contracts with players?

Of course he is not.

You ask if Gary Karsa, a man who has grown up in a changing room with studs under his boots, is negotiating contracts with players?

Of course he is not.

So being a footballer automatically precludes someone from a role managing money? Nonsense. A simple 'no' would have done. That was a needlessly controversial reply.

I don't think Weimann is proven 40k a week striker on last season alone but if I was Newcastle or Norwich I would definitely gamble on him at that wage level.

If Lambert wants him, they will know he has the right attitude and works hard. Only question is whether the talent is there.

On that question, his strike rate could be better - missed many good opportunities. However he scored some special goals and PL himself said he's a "natural finisher".

I'd try to buy him for £8m and put him on a £40k contract.

Edited by Con

Of course he is not.

Uli Hoeness, Karl Heinz Rummenigge might disagree with that comment

Of course he is not.

Was Karsa a well known player? Thought when he joined there was a discussion about what role he does (think even some Norwich fans didn't know) and where his history lies. Think there were even some (probably exaggerations) saying he was Lamberts brother in law?

Thought it was culverhouse out of the 2 assistants who was the ex player?

It isn't an exaggeration. He is Lambert's brother-in-law. 

Karsa was Youth Development Officer at Wycombe, Leyton Orient, Barnet and Charlton so I'm sure he just performs some sort of back-room role within our staff.

If its down to money then I'd rather let him go. Lambert gave him a platform this season and really got him to play well, if he wants to jump ship already because of a few grand then let him.

Thing is, I think he loves this club and I assume he's just away on international duty like Benteke.

I'm thinking the same. He's come through like everyone else and worked as hard as most of the other players. If he feels more loyalty to a few grand than the club then he can bugger off and be a merc somewhere else. I wonder how much truth there is in this story.

Apparently a target of Di Canio:

Di Canio, reportedly monitoring Aston Villa's Andreas Weimann, is expected to concentrate on recruiting players from Italy and Portugal as he builds a side capable of playing with what he terms "a clear identity".

Here

Â