Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

If he takes the piss with his demands, let him go.

He's a live wire, but his game needs a lot of work. His touch is horrible far too often for a top player.

Thing is, because of his on pitch work rate, I get the feeling he will improve dramatically, so we should look to get something sorted. Ideally, an incentivised (Have I just made up that word?) contract with a decent basic but large win bonus.

Just think if he comes in asking for 50k a week, he can jog on. Think about what that'll do to any further negotiations with Westwood and Lowton in a years time.

If he takes the piss with his demands, let him go.

He's a live wire, but his game needs a lot of work. His touch is horrible far too often for a top player.

Thing is, because of his on pitch work rate, I get the feeling he will improve dramatically, so we should look to get something sorted. Ideally, an incentivised (Have I just made up that word?) contract with a decent basic but large win bonus.

Just think if he comes in asking for 50k a week, he can jog on. Think about what that'll do to any further negotiations with Westwood and Lowton in a years time.

Agree 50k would be ridiculous. But we have paid that and more to a lot worse. And still do for that matter.

Would give Weimann that money over a more proven player like Carew or Bent - even aggy at times, any day of the week. At least we know Weimann guarantees effort.

Its a difficult position we are in because he offers as much to the team as Gabby so he is going to want a decent wedge. Obv Gabbys been here longer but we really have shot ourselves in the foot wth these obscene wages.

No more than £20k a week maximum and id err towards £15k a week

We simply cannot be held to ransom by players such as Weimann or we are I the shite

We can though and we are not in the shite.

He has been one of the best performers over the last 3 years. So often 1 of the few to come out of games with any dignity. It doesnt need to get ridiculous but we must recognise that this kid is quite unique. 

We simply cannot be held to ransom by players such as Weimann or we are I the shite

We are all just guessing at the numbers BUT wouldn't most Villa fans and a few football clubs think Weimann was worth offering more than £15k to £20k/week?

I'm also guessing that Villa are waiting to see what Andi is offered elsewhere before deciding whether to match it.

In what way shape or form are we being "held to ransom"?

The hysteria on this forum at times is frightening. 

He's been ok overall, great in some games anonymous in others

We have to keep perspective for a team that ended 16th

15th.

• Like 1

He's been ok overall, great in some games anonymous in others

We have to keep perspective for a team that ended 16th

I totally and utterly agree with that. Hence my opinion regarding the westwoods etc.

However, to say Weimann has just been ok is frightening. He runs through brick walls, scores some outstanding goals, creates, shows a level of passion for the cause Ive never seen before. He has been much much better than ok.

Edited by Woodytom

It amazes me how quick people are to badmouth our own players. In this instance it's is even worse; the guy has come through the ranks and busts a gut for the club every time he plays, and now he's being accused of being a mercenary and people are talking down his ability just because he hasn't signed a contract 10 days after the end of the season.

I'm about 85% sure he'll sign. He loves it here and his other options would be either be a step down or bit-part role at a larger club, neither of which will do his career any good. Here he's loved and he's first choice in an up-and-coming side packed full of his mates. We also stood by him through a lengthy injury lay-off. £25-30k would be about right for him I should think, with performance related bonuses thrown in. 

• Like 1

He's on around £11k, doubt he will sign a new contract if we only offer him a 4k rise..

Sorry where did you read that. My understanding is that he's on 15k and has been offered 20k

He's on around £11k, doubt he will sign a new contract if we only offer him a 4k rise..

Sorry where did you read that. My understanding is that he's on 15k and has been offered 20k

If we've only offered him 20k then I wouldn't blame him for leaving. We shouldnt break the bank for a player like him but when we know there are other clubs out there after him we should at least offer him a contract which might be able to convince him to stay. I'd offer him 30k on a 4 year deal.

Â