Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Love Weimann and it would be a huge shame if we lost him.

However, technically he is poor. Generally his positioning and finishing (a la Bent) is his best attributes, but they too have been off of late. A lot of pretty easy goals he has missed in recent weeks. He works hard, probably harder than anybody else on the pitch and if he can find his finishing form from the Cup/earlier in the season more consistently then having a Darren Bent that [seemingly] loves Villa and works hard for the team could be huge for us.

If, as I suspect we will, move back to two strikers, then Weimann and Benteke created a potent partnership earlier in the season. But with 3 forwards (Weimann and Gabby wide of Benteke), Weimann has trailed off a bit, i still like him but I dont think he fits well enough in that front 3. It's not his fault. He's a poacher that works hard. He isn't a speedy, complete forward or able to play as a tricky winger so the formation just doesn't suit him (and to be fair to him, he's been better on that Right side lately than earlier in the season).

So long story short. I'd love Weimann to sign a new contract, thrilled if we keep him. But if I had to choose out of our best players this season (Guzan, Lowton, Westwood, Weimann, Benteke) which one had to leave this summer. It would be Andi. He's technically limited and not a lot of his praise from fans is due to his unrelenting workrate (which is great), I think, in the long run, Weimann will have the least successful career of those younger players I mentioned (excluding Guzan)

That must have took you ages to write, and you know what I pretty much disagree with all of it.

Such a pointless comment, would you care to elaborate?

All the opinions he wrote in that post I basically have the opposite view.

If my post was pointless, god knows what yours was.

Love Weimann and it would be a huge shame if we lost him.

However, technically he is poor. Generally his positioning and finishing (a la Bent) is his best attributes, but they too have been off of late. A lot of pretty easy goals he has missed in recent weeks. He works hard, probably harder than anybody else on the pitch and if he can find his finishing form from the Cup/earlier in the season more consistently then having a Darren Bent that [seemingly] loves Villa and works hard for the team could be huge for us.

If, as I suspect we will, move back to two strikers, then Weimann and Benteke created a potent partnership earlier in the season. But with 3 forwards (Weimann and Gabby wide of Benteke), Weimann has trailed off a bit, i still like him but I dont think he fits well enough in that front 3. It's not his fault. He's a poacher that works hard. He isn't a speedy, complete forward or able to play as a tricky winger so the formation just doesn't suit him (and to be fair to him, he's been better on that Right side lately than earlier in the season).

So long story short. I'd love Weimann to sign a new contract, thrilled if we keep him. But if I had to choose out of our best players this season (Guzan, Lowton, Westwood, Weimann, Benteke) which one had to leave this summer. It would be Andi. He's technically limited and not a lot of his praise from fans is due to his unrelenting workrate (which is great), I think, in the long run, Weimann will have the least successful career of those younger players I mentioned (excluding Guzan)

That must have took you ages to write, and you know what I pretty much disagree with all of it.
Such a pointless comment, would you care to elaborate?
All the opinions he wrote in that post I basically have the opposite view.

I don't think his was a pointless post, you said you disagree with everything, I think I originally gave a pretty balanced view of him. I really like Andi, as I said multiple times, but he isn't a future world star and I suggested as to why.

You just said you think the exact opposite of me.

So, to be clear. You:

• Dont love Weimann and don't think it would be a shame if we lost him
  • You think he is good technically
  • But finishing and positioning aren't his best attributes
  • He has been better infront of goal recently than earlier in the season
  • You dont think he works harder than everybody else on the pitch
  • You dont think a Darren Bent that loves Villa and works hard would be good for us.
  • You dont think Benteke and Weimann had a good partnership when playing 2 up front earlier in the season
  • You think Weimann has been as good (or better, if you think the exact opposite of me) on the Right wing/forward than as an actual striker
  • You dont agree that Weimann is naturally a poacher that works hard
  • He IS a speedy, complete forward 
  • And/Or he IS a tricky, direct winger
  • fits perfectly as a right-forward in a 4-3-3
  • You wouldn't love Weimann to sign a new contract
  • Weimann will have the most successful career from Benteke, Lowton, Westwood and himself
Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Ok I do think he's good Technically, I think his finishing is average, I don't think Weimann and Bent would make a good partnership. I don't think Weimann and Benteke would work in this team. I don't think he's a natural poacher, but he does work hard. He's quicker than you think. I think a 4-3-3 suits his play perfectly.

Good enough?

I think part of the reason why Benteke and Gabby have been scoring so much lately is Andi's constant running off the ball. So, even if he has occasionally lost his composure in vital moment of late, he has still been a massive part of helping the club turn it around. I think he will become more clinical as he maturues.

As you say he did well with Benteke upfront when Gabby was out, but I think it's pretty safe to say that the current system has proved very good. The defence and especially the full backs are well covered by the three center mids. The team can break extremly quickly and shift from defence to attack and vica versa. Gabby and Andi has the energy to track back in time and still has the legs to cause enough headace for defenders to give Benteke some space.

For me the only thing that he lacks for him to be a top top striker is a bit of composure and balance on the ball. Sure he could use Gabby's speed or Benteke's strength, but I think thoose three actually compliment eachother really well.

I think part of the reason why Benteke and Gabby have been scoring so much lately is Andi's constant running off the ball. So, even if he has occasionally lost his composure in vital moment of late, he has still been a massive part of helping the club turn it around. I think he will become more clinical as he maturues.As you say he did well with Benteke upfront when Gabby was out, but I think it's pretty safe to say that the current system has proved very good. The defence and especially the full backs are well covered by the three center mids. The team can break extremly quickly and shift from defence to attack and vica versa. Gabby and Andi has the energy to track back in time and still has the legs to cause enough headace for defenders to give Benteke some space.For me the only thing that he lacks for him to be a top top striker is a bit of composure and balance on the ball. Sure he could use Gabby's speed or Benteke's strength, but I think thoose three actually compliment eachother really well.

Totally agree, I think we've seen the best of Andi since we went 4-3-3, I think the 4-2-3-1 is to deep for him though, the running off the ball of all 3 of them has been exceptional even Gabby, which was a massive negative to his play years gone by.

Part of the problem is that neither Gabby nor Weimann want to play as wide strikers and yet their form has been superb as a result of that formation.

I'm not sure if it's true or not but Andi may want to leave so he can play centrally.

I don't know if Lambert believes 433 is always the way to go, but at some point he looked at the squad and saw that Ireland couldn't do a creative central anchor role, Zog, Bannan were too inconsistent, so with little else in midfield to provide fwd thrust he went with three forwards. Maybe if we sign someone else that will change.

I think it's up to the manager to convince them their attributes are best played there. Playing 2 up front is very rare these days it's an outdated concept, so you have to be exceptional to play there at the highest level.

But I will say with the movement of our front 3, they all do time in the centre, it's not like Abdi is stuck there, and his movement is exceptional and has played a part in many of Benteke's goals.

• Like 1

Part of the problem is that neither Gabby nor Weimann want to play as wide strikers and yet their form has been superb as a result of that formation.

I'm not sure if it's true or not but Andi may want to leave so he can play centrally.

I don't know if Lambert believes 433 is always the way to go, but at some point he looked at the squad and saw that Ireland couldn't do a creative central anchor role, Zog, Bannan were too inconsistent, so with little else in midfield to provide fwd thrust he went with three forwards. Maybe if we sign someone else that will change.

Are there rumours that he may want to leave so he can play centrally?  

He's an excellent worker and his contribution is a bit like Welbeck's i.e. not a tonne of goals but he creates space and you need space to score goals.

I'd prefer if he stayed but he's not irreplaceable.

True, I still laugh at those who were saying he's a 'world class' finisher a few months ago. LOL.

Are there rumours that he may want to leave so he can play centrally?  

nothing concrete but he himself has commented on the fact playing wide right is not his usual position

He's not on a lot of money and his contract is up, it's a game of poker between us, him and his agent as to how much a week he's worth. I think 15-20k a week. Don't think he can play through the middle atm, so as a half decent winger that's all he's worth imo.

Andreas Weimann has told Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert he wants to tie up his future at the club within the next few weeks.

The 21-year-old whose goals have helped keep the club in the Premier League is going into the final year of his current deal but last night spelled out just why he’s so confident about the future.

The Villans expect the Austrian striker to be the first of ­several players to sign new c­ontracts – including top scorer Christian Benteke – as Lambert aims to kick-on with his emerging young side.

After fighting relegation for most of the season Villa could end up as high as 11th if they win at Wigan today where more than 4,000 fans will ­follow them in party mood.

And Weimann, who has been with the club since he left his home in ­Vienna as a 16-year-old, said: “What the gaffer is building here we all ­believe in and we just have to continue working hard for him and each other.

“I think that’s what Aston Villa is about. It’s a family club.

“We’re growing and getting better all the time, and I think there’s a lot of potential in the team right now because as players we’re only going to get better.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-andreas-weimann-1896426#ixzz2TgU0O9AR 

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Andreas Weimann has told Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert he wants to tie up his future at the club within the next few weeks.

The 21-year-old whose goals have helped keep the club in the Premier League is going into the final year of his current deal but last night spelled out just why he’s so confident about the future.

The Villans expect the Austrian striker to be the first of ­several players to sign new c­ontracts – including top scorer Christian Benteke – as Lambert aims to kick-on with his emerging young side.

After fighting relegation for most of the season Villa could end up as high as 11th if they win at Wigan today where more than 4,000 fans will ­follow them in party mood.

And Weimann, who has been with the club since he left his home in ­Vienna as a 16-year-old, said: “What the gaffer is building here we all ­believe in and we just have to continue working hard for him and each other.

“I think that’s what Aston Villa is about. It’s a family club.

“We’re growing and getting better all the time, and I think there’s a lot of potential in the team right now because as players we’re only going to get better.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-andreas-weimann-1896426#ixzz2TgU0O9AR 

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

HELL-YEAH.jpg

He's not on a lot of money and his contract is up, it's a game of poker between us, him and his agent as to how much a week he's worth. I think 15-20k a week. Don't think he can play through the middle atm, so as a half decent winger that's all he's worth imo.

The kid is a top,top quality finisher-The best we have at the club.He has just completed his first season in the toughest league in the world.Next season he will be better & the season after that,better still.

He is not,nor does he play as a winger.He is one of a 3 pronged attack.Most teams only play with one out & out striker & given his size,Weiman will not usually be asked to play there.To suggest he is a "half decent winger" is way off the mark.

Weiman is only 21-His goals & performances have been crucial for us this season.15-20K a week is cheap for a player who will be way into double figures in next seasons goal charts.

The kid is a top,top quality finisher-The best we have at the club.He has just completed his first season in the toughest league in the world.Next season he will be better & the season after that,better still.

He is not,nor does he play as a winger.He is one of a 3 pronged attack.Most teams only play with one out & out striker & given his size,Weiman will not usually be asked to play there.To suggest he is a "half decent winger" is way off the mark.

Weiman is only 21-His goals & performances have been crucial for us this season.15-20K a week is cheap for a player who will be way into double figures in next seasons goal charts.

Darren Bent is the best finisher we have at the Club not Weimann.................Bent's overall Premier League Goalscoring record Proves it. Plus, although Bent is the best finisher, Benteke the best overall striker & Weimann currently is potentially both of these things in my humble opinion so we will see how it develops.

Just another sign that the environment PL is fostering may pay more dividends than having the team play hard.

I hope this is the start of something magical at the club

Darren Bent is the best finisher we have at the Club not Weimann.................Bent's overall Premier League Goalscoring record Proves it. Plus, although Bent is the best finisher, Benteke the best overall striker & Weimann currently is potentially both of these things in my humble opinion so we will see how it develops.

And in my humble opinion,Weiman is twice the finisher that Bent is.I believe that Bent himself has commented that Weiman is the best finisher that we have.

The front 3 have been superb for us this season-When 2 have an off day,the other one has delivered on many occasions.Having a player with Weimans willingness to work back and also the ability to score & to create is rare.He's only 21 & I can't think of many,if any realistic targets we could replace him with if he left.

To compare Bents "overall goalscoring record" to that of a 21 year old is ridiculous-Especially as a good portion of Bents goals have come from penalties.

Â