Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Benteke I can accept losing.  If can't keep hold of a player who has had a season like Weimann's then there is no point in hoping our players ever perform again.

Doesn't it depend on what he is offered elsewhere?

No, if we can't have two players play remotely well without them both leaving us at the first chance then I am jumping off the first proverbial football bridge.

They haven't left just yet but with what you know about our approximate finances, how much would you offer Andi and CB to ensure they stayed?

35 and 50 respectively.

Or if we can shift Ireland 70 for Tekkers.

That's fair enough and similar to what most would say, I guess. That does mean if another club offered 40 and 55, we would lose both players so why state this?

No, if we can't have two players play remotely well without them both leaving us at the first chance then I am jumping off the first proverbial football bridge.

I might be missing a trick here, but how would any other clubs be offering him contracts right now? Until a bid is accepted, they aren't allowed to talk to him. 

So if someone offered Andi £75k a week, you'd be pissed at us for not keeping him?

I might be missing a trick here, but how would any other clubs be offering him contracts right now? Until a bid is accepted, they aren't allowed to talk to him. 

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, clubs bend the rules a bit and agents talk/meet with other clubs officials?

I'm sure Weimann knows of interest elsewhere and is just waiting to make the decision on who to join, or to stay put.

And fwiw, I'd offer Benteke 80k a week and build a team around him. It's highly likely he will only be here one more season at most so we should pay him what he wants to stay. He can be used as bait for other top class players and will help us consolidate our approach on bringing through talented youth. Losing him now could be a disaster.

So if someone offered Andi £75k a week, you'd be pissed at us for not keeping him?

How likely is that though?  And plus he still has a year with us, so they can't offer him anything until a bid is accepted can they?

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, clubs bend the rules a bit and agents talk/meet with other clubs officials?

I'm sure Weimann knows of interest elsewhere and is just waiting to make the decision on who to join, or to stay put.

And fwiw, I'd offer Benteke 80k a week and build a team around him. It's highly likely he will only be here one more season at most so we should pay him what he wants to stay. He can be used as bait for other top class players and will help us consolidate our approach on bringing through talented youth. Losing him now could be a disaster.

80K a week??? That is madness. He has had one good season and while it is likely that he will have another good season it sure as hell is not guarranted.

80k! Madness, we won't be offering anything near it. As for Andi, 25-30k, we can't expect to keep our wages low for certain players and pay others high wages. Who would pay him more and actually play him as much as us?

I can see him moving but I think it will be the end of a promising football career

Build a team around aplaer you don't expect to stay more than one more season? Then what happens next season? And £80k/w? That's a bit steep for a player who's been in the league for one season.

Not sure what fulhams wage structure is but I could see Weimann going there or west ham who do pay silly wages. None of the top 5 will be interested, he isn't that good.

Not sure what fulhams wage structure is but I could see Weimann going there or west ham who do pay silly wages. None of the top 5 will be interested, he isn't that good.

& this is the worry.We should not be concerned about loosing our best players to the likes of West Ham or Fulham.

Im sure people just pluck figures out of the air..saying weimann shoul go onto 45k. He has had one decent season.. What's going to happen if he has a good one next yr going to be put on 90k? It's ridiculous the figures people are spouting.

Those figures also go against the mantra of Lamberts young hungry.

Finally as someone said earlier he has a yr left on his contract, it has not expired so he won't be lesving this yr unless we choose to sell

• Like 1

Hindsight is what we need.

Weimann leaves and plays great for someone else - we should have done more to keep him!

We beat a £45k/week offer from another club to keep him but he doesn't develop (think Hendrie) - why did we agree to pay him £45k+/week?!

Without hindsight, it needs someone to have the full picture of the finances available and the full attributes of the player to our team. Over to you PL.

• Like 1

Â