Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Villa's initial offer of an increase a few weeks ago was deemed to be derogatory by Weimann's representatives and they are looking for a significant boost to his salary to reflect his growing importance to the side.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208946.html#FhFRy0vR2VIdgS5F.99

What do you think we offered him? His existing deal is 15k.

20-25k would be derogatory. since Benteke was on 20k, it would not surprise me if we offered to put Weimann on his wage scale.

30k after is least we could do.

He has made it clear he wants to remain with the club he joined as a teenager, but Villa will need to move swiftly to secure his services with rival clubs ready to pounce.

Edited by Con

If he wants more than we're willing to offer then I have no problems letting him go. I don't think he's all that great to be honest, admire his work ethic but I think he's a bit of a limited player. I don't think it would be too hard to replace him either. Though, I fully expect him to sign.

It's scary that we can't seem to keep hold of any players.

Has he left already? Or are you just jumping to conclusions and expecting the worse an blaming the club already? I think he'll stay. He loves it here. Has no reason to leave, apart from maybe money.

Robert Lewandowski is currently on about 40k at Dortmund.

Im not sure I would be pushing 40k for Weimann, as much as I like him he is not in that bracket of player.

Couldn't agree more

Im not sure I would be pushing 40k for Weimann, as much as I like him he is not in that bracket of player.

Couldn't agree more

How do you force a player to sign a contract for less than he thinks he is worth?!

Lewandowski would get £150k a week if moved - I think it's an unfair comparison - it's probably fairer to find an equivalent and see what they're on - who is Weimann's equivalent at an equivalent sort of club?

Jelavic at Everton?

Sessegnon at Sunderland?

A quick google suggests Jelavic is on about £45k a week and Sessegnon is on much the same.

I think Weimann is in the £40k bracket. Which I think will make this a challenging negotiating period.

This is what i have been getting at in several other threads concerning bringing the overall wage structure down.

If you buy players on initial low wages and they have one good season then you will get what we are seeing now. Players wanting increased wages and if you pay those wages to keep them such as £40,000 a week for Weimann then Westwood's and Lowton's agent will be knocking on the manager's door as well.

I simply don't think its realistic to compete or stay in the Premiership and expect wage turnover to be something that will fit Lerner's investment.

Weimann isn't a £40,000 per week player for me and if he and his agent tries to hold the club to ransom then i'm sure we can replace Weimann with ease. 

Contracts should be performance based IMO

£25k p/w basic

£10k per goal

£10k per assist

£2k per point gained for matches contributed to

2 goals and an assist in a win, for example would get him £61k

No goals or assists and a loss, would get him £25k

Every player should be on similarly structured deals. If we're successful, we pay more wages, if we're not, we don't. Nobody gets paid for not pulling their weight, nobody bleeds the club, players only get what they're proving themselves to be worth

Edited by P3te

I think Weimann is in the £40k bracket. Which I think will make this a challenging negotiating period.

Andi Weimann is not a £40k a week player yet. He might be soon, but he's not there yet by any stretch

This is what i have been getting at in several other threads concerning bringing the overall wage structure down.

If you buy players on initial low wages and they have one good season then you will get what we are seeing now. Players wanting increased wages and if you pay those wages to keep them such as £40,000 a week for Weimann then Westwood's and Lowton's agent will be knocking on the manager's door as well.

I simply don't think its realistic to compete or stay in the Premiership and expect wage turnover to be something that will fit Lerner's investment.

Weimann isn't a £40,000 per week player for me and if he and his agent tries to hold the club to ransom then i'm sure we can replace Weimann with ease.

Obviously we don't know whether the demand is for £40,000 but if Wiemann leaves for someone like Norwich, IMO it should set the alarm bells ringing.

Whatever we think, as mere fans, of the Premier League crazy wages they are driven by supply and demand.

If Lerner has set an unrealistic wage cap we are going to struggle year in, year out to keep anyone half decent.

• Like 1

Andi Weimann is not a £40k a week player yet. He might be soon, but he's not there yet by any stretch

We have actually no idea what he wants, but on what basis is he "not a £40k week player" if that is the number? Have you an extensive knowledge of what the going rate is for a 21 year old with 12 goals last season in the premier league/cup or is it just your unqualified opinion?

IF he leaves it will be because some other club thinks he is worth more than we do. IMHO as a 21 year old he has had a very good season and 12 goals is not to be sniffed at. He may not be our main striker and we have to keep players like Wiemann if we are to build for the future.

IF we cannot paying the going rate this will be a recurring problem in the future with other players.

• Like 2

Â