Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

That's better news than yesterday's stories bout him going to Liverpool I think he could be a legend here. Him guzan and gabbi are guys this club really need players who absolutely love the club losing any of them would be as big a blow as any. Benteke is a brilliant brilliant player and deserves so much from us fans in the way of gratitude and respect as his goals kept us up this year but I still don't see him in same way as gabbi guzan and weimann he said before he thought villa were in London and that he'd like to play for arsenal some day. If he signs new contract and stays another year he will almost certainly go after the World Cup next summer and that's if he signs a new contract. I'd love him to turn around and say villa is my club now I want up stay here many years but he won't , weimann probably will that's why I would be more devastated to see andi go than benteke

If Weimann was a 'top, top quality finisher' he wouldn't have missed the sitters and great chances he has had this season. The likes of Cavani and Van Persie are 'top, top quality finishers', Weimann ain't.

Bottom line is that he's a pretty good finisher, he's capable of becoming better than that, but as things stand right now he is most definitely not a 'top quality' or 'world class' finisher. Not by a country mile.

That's better news than yesterday's stories bout him going to Liverpool I think he could be a legend here. Him guzan and gabbi are guys this club really need players who absolutely love the club losing any of them would be as big a blow as any. Benteke is a brilliant brilliant player and deserves so much from us fans in the way of gratitude and respect as his goals kept us up this year but I still don't see him in same way as gabbi guzan and weimann he said before he thought villa were in London and that he'd like to play for arsenal some day. If he signs new contract and stays another year he will almost certainly go after the World Cup next summer and that's if he signs a new contract. I'd love him to turn around and say villa is my club now I want up stay here many years but he won't , weimann probably will that's why I would be more devastated to see andi go than benteke

He never said he wants to go Arsenal, he was misunderstood, he said he was happy to come to the Prem and that he used to follow Arsenal as a kid. Think his fave player was Henry?

He's not on a lot of money and his contract is up, it's a game of poker between us, him and his agent as to how much a week he's worth. I think 15-20k a week. Don't think he can play through the middle atm, so as a half decent winger that's all he's worth imo.

The kid is a top,top quality finisher-The best we have at the club.He has just completed his first season in the toughest league in the world.Next season he will be better & the season after that,better still.

He is not,nor does he play as a winger.He is one of a 3 pronged attack.Most teams only play with one out & out striker & given his size,Weiman will not usually be asked to play there.To suggest he is a "half decent winger" is way off the mark.

Weiman is only 21-His goals & performances have been crucial for us this season.15-20K a week is cheap for a player who will be way into double figures in next seasons goal charts.

Darren Bent is the best finisher we have at the Club not Weimann.................Bent's overall Premier League Goalscoring record Proves it. Plus, although Bent is the best finisher, Benteke the best overall striker & Weimann currently is potentially both of these things in my humble opinion so we will see how it develops.

And in my humble opinion,Weiman is twice the finisher that Bent is.I believe that Bent himself has commented that Weiman is the best finisher that we have.

The front 3 have been superb for us this season-When 2 have an off day,the other one has delivered on many occasions.Having a player with Weimans willingness to work back and also the ability to score & to create is rare.He's only 21 & I can't think of many,if any realistic targets we could replace him with if he left.

To compare Bents "overall goalscoring record" to that of a 21 year old is ridiculous-Especially as a good portion of Bents goals have come from penalties.

Please re-read my post again. Bent's Premiership  goalscoring record is magnificent & proves he is our best finisher. As stated Weimann has shown the same potential to suggest that he too can be up there. ie the finish against Sunderland in our 6-1 home wiin was sublime & on the reverse side his miss at home to West Ham absolutely shocking. The Premier League is littered with players who have come in & done well for a season or so & then faded into obscurity. Luke Moore, Danny Cadamarteri & Anthony Jeffers immediately spring to mind. I'm not suggesting that this is going to happen to Weimann but the fact remains at least for now he is still not proven at this level & only time can prove this but he does show potentially great promise. Had Bent played regularly this season I'm pretty sure his 1 in 2 ratio would have continued but Benteke, Gabby & Weimann have been outstanding, worked harder & brought different dimensions to our attacking play which means ultimately that we haven't missed Bent.

Bottom Line still remains though that........IMHO a fully match fit Darren Bent is definitely our best finisher with Weimann & Benteke equally a very close 2nd. & 3rd.

Finishers need to finish something. That's why Bent doesn't play and why he's getting sold, even if Lambert wants to keep him.

I think as far as finishing goes all Villa fans,The Club & Bent himself realise that his career at Villa is finished.It must be the worlds worst secret!

That does not detract from Bent himself. Paul Lambert's style of play is incompatible to what Darren Bent brings & the rest of our attacking options have shown that Bent can be & was adequately replaced.

That said, we will still need to go out & buy a replacement for Bent because surely ultimately we need a minimum of 4 strikers next season giving us Benteke, Gabby, Weimann & one new addition equally as good if not better than Bent.

Strange to hear fans say that Bent looks tired?

Surely it is just that he is not match fit.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me.

Not Bent. Weimann.

Weimann looked clapped-out. Shattered. Needing a well-earned rest on a beach somewhere. One game too many for him.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me.

Not Bent. Weimann.

Weimann looked clapped-out. Shattered. Needing a well-earned rest on a beach somewhere. One game too many for him.

Thanks Con - I stand Corrected.

Perhaps Weimann is just mentally & physically fatigued from this season's exertions & mentally exhausted from contract talks too.

Wrecked. Drained. Hammered. Fizzled out. Hit the wall. Slaughtered. Whacked. Exhausted. Weimann was all of that today.

He'll go again, next season. 

It's a pity we needed to put Bent in the shop window as I'd like to have seen him play as central striker. He could just about have poked one in from a couple of yards despite his debilitating lack of energy due to being extremely tired.

Austria international Andreas Weimann is set to decide his Aston Villa future this week.

Weimann's representatives will fly to England on Tuesday for crucial contract talks that will determine whether he remains at Villa Park.

Newcastle United and Norwich City have already indicated they are ready to offer the striker a fresh start if Villa fail to meet his wage demands. Weimann has also been linked with a move to Inter Milan as a result of his breakthrough season.

He has already turned down one offer to increase his £15,000-a-week deal and further talks have been scheduled with chief executive Paul Faulkner.

His representative, Robert Groener, is due in England on Tuesday and hopes to finalise details on a new contract that would end speculation concerning the player's imminent future.

"There is a meeting planned and we hope that we can come to a successful conclusion," Groener said. "Andi will stay in the Premier League, but at which club I do not know at this moment. There are offers, but we will first meet Villa and listen to them."

Villa boss Paul Lambert has made it clear to club owner Randy Lerner that he wants Weimann to be part of his long-term plans at the club.

Weimann has flourished under Lambert this season, but is about to enter the final 12-months of his existing deal.

Villa's initial offer of an increase a few weeks ago was deemed to be derogatory by Weimann's representatives and they are looking for a significant boost to his salary to reflect his growing importance to the side.

He has made it clear he wants to remain with the club he joined as a teenager, but Villa will need to move swiftly to secure his services with rival clubs ready to pounce.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208946.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Some agent quotes. Gotta love those agents

Â