Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yet another 'dropping of the ball' by AVFC, we should have tied this contract up well over a year a go. Disgraceful. 

Yes but a wage rise of, say, £20k would result in a £2.4m increase on the wage budget each year.

More better to let an £10m+ walk out the door for **** all and replace him with a LG1 plodder.

You really cannot believe the mismanagement at this club, it is like nothing I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Given all the crap us fans ensure Delph's form was a rare highlight. You'd think the club would try and capitalise on this with an improved contract but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Of course things could change but if Delph leaves on a free it will be yet another indication of our lack of ambition.

Edited by Chap of Steel

Why has his new contract not been sorted yet Tom?

The contract is on the table as far as im aware, he just clearly doesnt want to sign it. The misery is overspilling at AVFC

He is an England international now, so I don't blame him, He will have his pick of teams.

How the **** a club let's it get down to this is laughable, incompetence at it's finest.

I blame Faulker, now we just need Lerner out.

If he does go on a free we haven't really had value for money out of Delph. A big money signing from Leeds, on the treatment table most of the time he's been with us and only come good these last two seasons. Mind you we are not in the strongest position to get our top players to sign contracts with our spiralling position in the league. Nobody is going to want to play championship football next season.

Edited by PaulC

despite the club bein  completely unorganised, i feel delph owes the club for standing by him with all his injury problems. when he was getting constantly injured the fans backed him so i think on that basis he should sign a new deal.

but sadly these days all these footballers care about are themselves and how much £££ they will receive.

• Like 1

he owes us a big transfer fee. sign a new deal... release clause of 15-20 million. Have another good season then you can go.. least he can do after we gave him his start and massive wages as he was on the treatment table. Poor form by him if he goes.

• Like 3

He owes this club a lot, and he can get all sorts of release clauses written into a new contract, including for relegation.

And we do not know the level of salary he may be looking for, with his new found status, and his idea of his worth may be beyond what the club think he is worth.

And, of course, the club left it far too late to open negotiations.

He want's to go as far as he can, he won't go very far at the Villa, he has achieved everything he can here, loyalty has nothing to do with it, we should have got in far sooner with a new contract. 

Even if he asked for, say, £100k/wk?

He want's to go as far as he can, he won't go very far at the Villa, he has achieved everything he can here, loyalty has nothing to do with it, we should have got in far sooner with a new contract. 

Even if he asked for, say, £100k/wk?

I don't think that is realistic, but say if we gave him a £30k pay rise that comes to less than £2m over the course of a season. and we could have then sold him for £10m minimum.

Too late now, England international, national exposure, free transfer. He will have his pick of clubs and his pick of signing on fee.

You protect your assets, simple as that.

We are a **** joke.

• Like 1

Â