Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If that wasn't given against us we'd be livid.

Disagree. Booking at worst for me. And I remember Sanchez making a very similar challenge v Swansea that he got a yellow for.

Did you see Clint Hill's tackle today that he got booked for? Now that WAS a red. Two footed off the floor and reckless.

Just shows how inconsistent referees are.

I think he treads on his foot and then slips which makes it look a nasty tackle

They won't rescind it

I'd be fuming if that wasn't given against us, but I've seen worse tackles this season, the one on Westwood for example, in both the Leicester game and the spurs game, neither of them were reds

Anybody else see him walk away from the man he should have tracked on our right in the first few minutes even though he was the closest player?

Set the tone for what was a very uncommitted, listless performance from him right up to the sending off. I get the feeling he was dreaming of playing elsewhere......

• Like 1

I think it's a 50/50 red. You can argue that it was a red, so some will agree and some will disagree. Unlike Gabby's red, this one is not as clear cut. Even if we appeal, it won't get overturned because it was a dangerous play.  

I think that, if that's a red, a lot more red cards need to be shown. For instance, the tackle by the Leicester player on Westwood. He tried to get the ball but missed it and could have seriously injured our player.

The referees simply need to be more consistent.

that is why he will never be a top midfielder* because he cant tackle, though slightly harsh that card has been coming for a while though his tackling is terrible

*before people say Paul Scholes couldnt tackle its not even worth comparing ;)

that is why he will never be a top midfielder* because he cant tackle, though slightly harsh that card has been coming for a while though his tackling is terrible

*before people say Paul Scholes couldnt tackle its not even worth comparing ;)

If Delph was 50% of the player Scoles was I think we could all forgive his crappy tackling.

Harsh red card no doubt about it when considering some refereeing decisions with the choice of cards of late.

Don't think it will get appealed due to him being banged to rights as he's clearly done him (albeit not malicious/dangerous foul play with intent).

Wouldn't be surprised if the panel of 135yr olds at the FA charged us with a frivolous appeal just to make an example with an extra game ban.

Edited by Kingman

Â