Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Very well taken goal, happy for him. Would be great if he could get a goal in the league as well now. But why are people getting so worked up over a goal vs Rotterham? It's not like it's the winner in the cup final or something, clearly I'm missing something here...

Cause it was a ridiculously class goal. God forbid people like seeing their team score top goals eh

• Like 3

Very well taken goal, happy for him. Would be great if he could get a goal in the league as well now. But why are people getting so worked up over a goal vs Rotterham? It's not like it's the winner in the cup final or something, clearly I'm missing something here...

Cause it was a ridiculously class goal. God forbid people like seeing their team score top goals eh

I've asked what was so great about it, and I've said clearly I'm missing something. So maybe you'd like to explain to me why it was a ridiculously class goal instead of responding "God forbid people like seeing their team score top goals eh". I never even mentioned it was something wrong with their reaction.

Thankfully Jarpie gave me a proper response, so I'll try find footage where I can see the whole play and the goal as a whole instead of just the finish, and maybe I'll understand what the rest of you are raving about :D .

I've asked what was so great about it, and I've said clearly I'm missing something. So maybe you'd like to explain to me why it was a ridiculously class goal instead of responding "God forbid people like seeing their team score top goals eh". I never even mentioned it was something wrong with their reaction.

Thankfully Jarpie gave me a proper response, so I'll try find footage where I can see the whole play and the goal as a whole instead of just the finish, and maybe I'll understand what the rest of you are raving about :D .

There were 17 consecutive passes leading up to the finish by Delph. Many of the passes were proper 'pass and move' space creating passes - often one-touch stuff.

Add Benteke's audacious lob into Delph's path combined with the finish, it was a fantastic goal irrespective of the opposition.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Love the way he played that touch with the outside of this foot to Benteke, then the way he span and ran into space was class, showed purpose and that he really wanted the goal. More of that in the league please!

I've said this before and I say it again. The reason Delph is showing how good he is, is in my opinion because if his no fear mentality. He doesn't show any respect in the field and works his socks of every minute he spend on the pitch.

Delph also have the courage (sometimes stupidity) to take people on no matter what. If he fails he then don't moan about loosing the ball. No, Delph works his ass off to get the ball back. This mentality is captaincy mentality. Such work rates and display give the team members confidence and make them work harder aswell.

Long story short, Delph has been phenomenal and if he manages to avoid injuries he will be the player of the season for us!

• Like 2

I've said this before and I say it again. The reason Delph is showing how good he is, is in my opinion because if his no fear mentality. He doesn't show any respect in the field and works his socks of every minute he spend on the pitch.

Delph also have the courage (sometimes stupidity) to take people on no matter what. If he fails he then don't moan about loosing the ball. No, Delph works his ass off to get the ball back. This mentality is captaincy mentality. Such work rates and display give the team members confidence and make them work harder aswell.

Long story short, Delph has been phenomenal and if he manages to avoid injuries he will be the player of the season for us!

I'd be surprised if any Villa player other than Benteke is player of the season.  

However, Delph could get second, and a shiny new 5 year contract.

Absolutley brilliant - what a GIF.

If you watch closely and we apply the logic of CON it is clearly Okore who has the key pass in that move

Westwood's pass from the half-way line was much better. Less is more!

• Like 1

great gif :)

KEA is brilliant in that move, is it Westwood who is also available for a square pass from Delph and in a position to score at the end of it? The way Delph shapes to hit it left footed to beat his man and then score with his right is great, brilliant first touch.

Edited by romavillan

KEA is brilliant in that move, is it Westwood who is also available for a square pass from Delph and in a position to score at the end of it? The way Delph shapes to hit it left footed to beat his man and then score with his right is great, brilliant first touch.

It's not Westwood it's Weimann who has the ball for most of the gif. Westwood gets a touch towards the end back on the half way but it's Weimann playing 1-2s with KEA for most of it.

It's not Westwood it's Weimann who has the ball for most of the gif. Westwood gets a touch towards the end back on the half way but it's Weimann playing 1-2s with KEA for most of it.

Nice from Weimann then! (I must need a HD gif :P ) the interplay between him and KEA is proper. Moar please!

Even if you only saw the finish its still a class goal, the play before it merely accentuates it.

I suggest you read up on your football again.......

Â