Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

still not convinced because had a few decent performances at the back end of the season. Im happy for him to be a squad player but he should not be a starter.

• Like 3

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Delph. He got better and better the more consistently he played and him/Westwood/Sylla really seemed to click. I think if he works on his second touch a bit, he'll be even more dangerous going forward, absolutely love when he makes his mazy runs forward.

You mean when he runs forward 20 yards, doesn't know who to pass to so either gets dispossessed or passes it 40 yards backwards to Guzan?

Yeah, I love that too.

34 successful dribbles. Dispossessed 22 times. Turnovers 21 times.

You mean when he runs forward 20 yards, doesn't know who to pass to so either gets dispossessed or passes it 40 yards backwards to Guzan?

It is better to pass it to Guzan, who is on his team, than Suarez for example, who is on the opposition team.

Additionally, he definitely made positive runs, getting beyond players and then passed it to teammates other than Guzan. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Delph. He got better and better the more consistently he played and him/Westwood/Sylla really seemed to click. I think if he works on his second touch a bit, he'll be even more dangerous going forward, absolutely love when he makes his mazy runs forward.

Yeah, I love that too.

Aye. That's the one.

Yeah, I love that too.

What was the thing you've been saying about manufacturing incorrect statements/facts about a player because it suits ones view?

The signs towards the end of last season was good....he seemed to be improving.

Needs to work on his composure.

I've always had a soft spot for ball winners.

Expecting a big season from Delph if he stay fit. Saw flash's last season to know he has the ability. Loved the way he skipped past players at times.

Don't want to get to excited but finally seeing what all the hype was about.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe it is better late than never with delph in regards to his ability and wether he really is prem standard. needs to play out of his boots this season. I've been a delph hater for pretty much all the time hes been at the club but would love for him to prove me wrong and show he deserves to play in claret and blue.

Remember it was MON that signed him, mister 'i'll throw stupid wages at you if you sign for my team'

Yeah and that all stopped when he left,  Ireland,  Hutton and Given are on far more reasonable contracts because they weren't negotiated by MON!

Â