Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yes but he was just 18/19 at Leeds. Once he adds that bit of composure to his game the assists and goals will come.

Delph has composure with his defensive duties and with his distribution, which is tidy.  It's not a lack of composure.

I'm sure Ramires has the ability and experience to knock in 15 goals a season if he were to play for a team in Division One. In the Premier League he gets 3-5 goals a season.

This is what Delph should aim for. After 50 games it's obvious he is not an attacking midfielder. I can't even remember him getting an assist.

Ok we shall see. I'll remind you at the end of next season when he has scored 10 goals and has created plenty of assists. :)

Well you can quote me as saying the suggestion Delph is a 10 goal a season midfielder is ludicrous. As a defensive midfielder he would do well to get three.

And if he gets all three I don't want people coming on here saying what a great attacking midfielder he is. Attacking midfielders get more than 3 goals a season.

• 1 month later...

Making an audacious prediction right now.

Delph will win one of the villa player of the year awards at the end of the upcoming season.

I'll buy that.

buy_that_for_a_dollar_zps08a604ec.gif

I think he'll be properly good, too.

Edited by the_eristic

He has goals in him, his time with dirty Leeds showed that. It is one of the disappointing things for me that he hasn't contributed goals. I think it will improve next season and for me if he gets 6 goals or more it will be fine

Delph will win one of the villa player of the year awards at the end of the upcoming season.

I'll make a counter prediction. Delph won't be in the team at the end of the season because he will be sold in January.

I'll make a counter prediction. Delph won't be in the team at the end of the season because he will be sold in January.

52053-Robert-Downey-jr-my-gosh-gif-Janu.

If he adds goals to his game like he did when he played for Leeds then definitely. He just needs a bit more confidence I think the goals will come for him.

Delph isn't a defensive midfielder. Anyone who watched him at Leeds will know he is very attacking. McLeish deployed him in a more defensive role (like everyone else), but he's anything but a defensive midfielder!

I reckon he'll get a few goals this season.

providing he stays injury free all season,  thats pretty much done for his development in the last 4 years.

Â