Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Really feel happy for Delph, after coming back from the injures to having some great performances last season.. 

If he can add goals to his game, then that would be good and he'll ve vital for us next season.

Also love his energy and enthusiasm.. 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Delph looked really good in the second half of the season, he looked like he had got the hang of the pace of the prem and was actually dictating our play initating many attacks and showing good movement to always be available and looking to play one two's.  To me he is similar to a young roy keane (not saying as good, but a similar type of player, I would say keane was a better reader of the game and had more energy, Delph better technique).  Putting himself about and getting stuck, but also always making himself available making forward runs from a deep lying midfield position.  Problem is diving into tackles is frowned upon these days, I lost count of how many times in a match he would make a good challange winning the ball by diving in but a foul would be called.  However I believe he is starting to get better in that area as he is now comfortable with the pace of the league now.  If your struggling to keep up you are naturally going to have to dive in more in the role he plays.

Personally never felt that Delphi has lived up to expectations down VP. Looked great on loan back to Leeds but I don't see him as a man that can propel us into the higher regions of the table. Bench warmer at best in my opinion.

• Like 1

Personally never felt that Delphi has lived up to expectations down VP. Looked great on loan back to Leeds but I don't see him as a man that can propel us into the higher regions of the table. Bench warmer at best in my opinion.

He was very good in the second half of last season to be fair, he's just lacking in the attacking side of his game. There's absolutely no hint of the kid who used to drill them in from all kinds of yards outside the box

I think Delph vastly improved during the second half of the season, but his decision making still leaves a lot to be desired. I lost count the amount of times when he skipped past a couple of players, got into the attacking third and then stopped or turned back. He needs to become more decisive by either taking on the shot or putting a forward in on goal.. Hopefully he can continue to develop this season

I think Delph vastly improved during the second half of the season, but his decision making still leaves a lot to be desired. I lost count the amount of times when he skipped past a couple of players, got into the attacking third and then stopped or turned back. He needs to become more decisive by either taking on the shot or putting a forward in on goal.. Hopefully he can continue to develop this season

It's a confidence thing I think. He's not scored for so long he doesn't think he's got the ability to do it any more, and that's affecting him when he's getting into the final third

He was very good in the second half of last season to be fair, he's just lacking in the attacking side of his game. There's absolutely no hint of the kid who used to drill them in from all kinds of yards outside the box

He got into several great attacking positions towards the end of the season, but he really struggled placing his shot on target. Since he has displayed that skill in the past, it is reasonable to think his misses, and IIRC the one against Norwich was particularly dire, had more to do with nerves than skill. If he keeps getting into the same positions he was towards the end of last season, he will score a few next year.

Delph's form at the end of the season suggest he has the potential to develop into a really good player, there were passages of play in the Man City and Chelsea games when he was sensational.

In the Premier League you don't get as much time to set up a shot as you do in the lower leagues. A lot of Premier League players who get zero goals would score frequently in Division One.

It's not that Delph is now lacking what he had. I bet if you played him in Division One he's still got the attacking side. He'd be wasted in Division One though, because he has Premier League defensive midfield ability - tackling and interceptions.

He's a tidy player.

Delph's form at the end of the season suggest he has the potential to develop into a really good player, there were passages of play in the Man City and Chelsea games when he was sensational.

In both them games he was the stand out centre midfielder. Given the standard of players on the opposing team that is some going and bodes well for the future.

I think he will be a cracking player for us over the coming seasons. He often mentions that Petrov has been a huge influence for him and I think as last season went on you could see that as he stood up to be counted.

Petrov was a more attacking player at Celtic who became a more defensive player at Villa. It could be in that sense Delph finds Petrov an inspiration. You can convert an attack-minded player into an effective defensive midfield player. Petrov is proof of that.

Is it actually his twitter though? 

I don't think so, he keeps tweeting to all the Villa players and none of them have ever responded, however the official account follows him, but none of the players do.

he put up a hilariously badly photo-shopped picture of himself on the phone, i think it's just someone mucking about seeing how much of a following he can get

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Delph. He got better and better the more consistently he played and him/Westwood/Sylla really seemed to click. I think if he works on his second touch a bit, he'll be even more dangerous going forward, absolutely love when he makes his mazy runs forward.

Â