Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Hasn't scored at all for Villa.

Even Bannan has scored twice.

As I've kept saying, don't expect him to. His qualities are defensive midfield. Even Makelele would have been an attacking midfielder in third tier football.

Edited by Con

Delph was our best player in a number of games last season. Definite starter for me.

I find myself saying the same thing. But I also want Sylla and Westwood to be starting. Also, I've got a feeling that Bacuna will be a good player too....

Maybe the league will let us play with 13 players..

Twice: once in Europa League, once against QPR in Premier League.

I remember him scoring in an early cup game at VP, unless it was a pre-season friendly?

"Even Bannan has scored twice". Sometimes I wonder whether your positive posts are a wind-up when you post stuff like the above. In this context it reads as "If someone as crap as Bannan can score twice, then how can you claim Delph is an attacking midfielder?"

• Like 3

I was referring to your statement that Delph has never scored for us. He has.

Edited by Shillzz

I was referring to your statement that Delph has never scored for us. He has.

Twice.

As I've kept saying, don't expect him to. His qualities are defensive midfield. Even Makelele would have been an attacking midfielder in third tier football.

wrong again. Delph has scored for VIlla in cup games. 

wrong again. Delph has scored for VIlla in cup games. 

He's scored against Tranmere and Brighton I think....

If he can stay injury free he will be a good player for us this coming season. I think him knowing lambert has faith in him is a real boost for him. Am i right in thinking he is in his final year of his contract?

I think his contract runs until 2015, so two seasons I think

Have you ever watched Aston Villa play over the years? I have seen Delph score for us

Last season he proved that he can defend and maintain possession well in the midfield. He may not have gotten assists, but he did start a few goals last year. He needs to improve his shooting as mentioned. I remember he had a brilliant strike which narrowly missed the post. It was from at least 30 yards out. Wished that would have went in because it likely would have boosted his confidence. 

Â