Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

He scored a goal today!

....and had a perfectly good one disallowed!

Pleased for him, would love to see him partnered with Gabby, think the space that would created would serve us very well. Play a flexible 4-1-3-2

My team against Man Yoo!

....................................Friedel....................................

Young..............Collins.............Dunne...........Warnock

....................................Clark.......................................

............Albrighton.......Young........Downing................

...................Delfouneso......Agbonlahor.......................

That team would be brutally murdered, even by United's sub-standard team.

He scored a goal today!

Pleased for him, would love to see him partnered with Gabby, think the space that would created would serve us very well. Play a flexible 4-1-3-2

My team against Man Yoo!

....................................Clark.......................................

This. Far too lightweight through the middle.

For me, we have to play 4-5-1 against Manure.

Took his goal very well AND had a legal second ruled out!

He didnt score, I thought he was shit, hes clearly not ready.

I'm very sure that he did.

In fact he definitely did.

And no, he's probably not ready. Which it's why it's a good thing he gets to play a few games to help his development for a few years time when he will be excellent.

In my opinion he should start against United. He was hit and miss, but he scored 2 goals and so deserves, on merit to start the next game. It might not be the best decision for the team, because Gabby is probably better half fit but I think it would be unfair to drop Delfouneso now.

He is obviously struggling to have an impact on the general flow of the game, but he needs to get games in order to get the experience to get improve on this.

I thought he looked very good tonight, held up the ball well which was necessary in the absence of Emile and JC.

Haven't seen his goal cos my stream went down but the one that was disallowed was perfectly legal, a great header I dont know why it was disallowed

He scored a goal today!

My team against Man Yoo!

This. Far too lightweight through the middle.

For me, we have to play 4-5-1 against Manure.

I hardly think we'd be "brutaly murdered" by changing Bannan for Agbonlahor, at the end of the day we're at home and we should be looking to score goals!

he was poor tonight, until something happened and he was greatly improved. he scored a scruffy but legal goal then made himself available, timed his run and had a decent first touch for his goal. it seemed to just click and had been a long time coming in the game, but just when he looked like he could pop another goal or 2 in, he was taken off?

seems odd to do that really, he gets up to speed and then gets taken off.

as i said earlier in the thread, i dont care if a striker does **** all, all game as long as when the chances come, they put them away. he did that tday so good on him.

i thought he was well off the pace and clearly showed there's more to be done. Good finish but hold play,control and anticipation need work. As for sub,I thinkk GH wanted to give Gabby a run out but felt he had to keep the shape the same as our midfield were conceding too much room.

Thought I'd be a lone voice on his subbing tonight, yet another odd Houllier sub

I think it's fair to say, he wants Gabby for Man United game and wanted to go give him some game time today and the fact we were 2-1 up, he just made it like for like.

Would of been interesting if it was still 1-1 whether he'd of put 2 upfront or kept with one.

Possibly seemed a strange one but we've got some big games coming up, it was important Gabby got some game time under his belt. Although fully understand the point, I think I'd of waited more than basically a minute, another 10 minutes and see how it went.

Hm, I guess he could have taken Ash off, maybe to give him a bit of a breather before Man Utd, and gone with Delfouneso and Gabby up front, but I'm not complaining either way, at least we won... barely.

He did well at times, but had his poor moments too. However it's as clear as day he has talent. I thought he worked the channels very well but got somewhat bullied in the middle. Before he scored he looked at bench and saw Gabby ready and thought he better step it up, 30 seconds later he scored, although he was unlucky not to score before that.

He just needs to get more game time and regular football, he was wasted here last season not going out on loan. The lad is just lacking confidence and come January a move down to the Championship would do him the world of good if we got another striker in.

I think he was taken off as Houllier wanted Gabby to push them back as we were too deep, I hope that doesn't dent his confidence, he looked like he was tiring too. For his second senior game in about half a year I think he can be pleased with himself.

the more bizzare and potentially costly sub was Ireland for Albrighton. Don't think he found a villa player once with the ball - and had a hand in black pools equaliser

That was the sub I personally and a few around me was calling for. In hindsight it looked a bad sub but I don't think it was the wrong one, Ireland was just simply terrible. :?

so pleased for the lad to get a goal in his first league start. did well staying onside whilst making sure he had the run on the defender - great work from ash as well of course - and put it away cool as ice. how many times have we seen gabby miss from there?

far too much negativity about nathan on here, after these whispers about his attitude. he's learning, will keep learning for many years, he's 19 for crying out loud - give the boy a chance.

"good at times, poor at times" - yeah, just like every other bloody premier league striker - rooney's been entirely shit for 6 months, torres was crap for 3 months til his brace at the weekend. expectation levels are maybe unrealistic?

let's not forget nathan basically scored twice (i know the record books won't state that obviously) on his full prem debut. another quality british youth to come through this year, up the villa.

Â