Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Gabby would not be certain to score that as we've seen.

If you had to put money on either in that situation my money would be on Nathan.

Your money would have gone down the drain in the Fulham match. It is crazy to create a myth about Nathan that he is a prolific goalscorer on so little evidence. He still has a lot to learn and we can only hope he is allowed to do so without too much pressure from the fans.

What you judging that just after yesterday? Delfouneso is a good player but then if he's backed onto score why didn't he bury the two chances against Fulham? The second one was criminal, but to say Gabby wouldn't finish is very naive.

No Im saying that after watching him many many times in the reserves and seeing that he has 100 times more composure on the ball than Gabby has ever had.

Gabby would not be certain to score that as we've seen.

If you had to put money on either in that situation my money would be on Nathan.

Your money would have gone down the drain in the Fulham match. It is crazy to create a myth about Nathan that he is a prolific goalscorer on so little evidence. He still has a lot to learn and we can only hope he is allowed to do so without too much pressure from the fans.

I never said he was a prolific goalscorer. I said I would back him to score those more than Gabby.

Please read what I say and dont put words in my mouth thanks.

What you judging that just after yesterday? Delfouneso is a good player but then if he's backed onto score why didn't he bury the two chances against Fulham? The second one was criminal, but to say Gabby wouldn't finish is very naive.

Naive?

Maybe you've forgotten how ropey Gabby's finishing is

Players being out for a while suddenly become far better than they actually are

When it comes to finishing, I wouldn't say there's anything between Delfouneso and Gabby at all

It is naive to say he wouldn't have finished that chance. Well maybe you've forgotten he's been our best goalscorer for many years now? Well why have we stated we miss Gabby. Gabby is a huge player for Villa and ideally him and Delfouneso will be the front two for Villa for many years to come.

Thought the Fonz looked really good in the air last night which is hugely promising, still needs to work on holding up the balls into feet but he's 19 and he will learn this.

Deserved for both goals to stand last night, great leap and header for the first.

Chuffed to bits for him

Naive?

Maybe you've forgotten how ropey Gabby's finishing is

Players being out for a while suddenly become far better than they actually are

When it comes to finishing, I wouldn't say there's anything between Delfouneso and Gabby at all

We all know finishing isn't Gabby's strong point however, it is frivolous to speculate as to whether he would have finished that opportunity last night or not....

He seemed to switch off at times last night. I think thats understanable and not a crticsm, since he is basicly learning.

Funny thing is, once he notched the goal that never was, his confidence seemed to lift dramaticly, and finished his "second" expertly. If the earlier one had not been notched off, i would of have fancied him getting a hatrick, cos i dont think Houllier would of hauled him off.

The one that did count, may just be the catalyst for him to now kick on.

I think Delfouneso is starting to find out that he needs to up his game again, found wanting so far at this level, while Bannan, Albrighton and Clark have all looked in some degree of comfort.

I'm sorry but he wasn't found wanting last night. He competed well in the game. Also in 10 second half minutes he could have been responsible for 3 goals if the ref had been a bit stronger.

Exactly, he's barely had a chance :lol:

In the two games, He's been decent all round game, not great but certainly not bad either. He's scored 1 goal, should of been two.

He's tall, quick, good in the air, good in finisher, he will always score goals as long as he stays focused.

He's still only 19 which is amazing and as someone said, his record when he starts games is fantastic, 7 goals in 9 starts? that is some record.

Nathan Delfouneso said he appreciated the response of the Aston Villa fans to his performance against Blackpool.

The 19-year-old started a Premier League game at Villa Park for the first time and scored in Villa's 3-2 win.

He told BBC WM: "It was nice that the Villa fans stuck with me, it was a nice ovation to come off the pitch.

"For any young player to get that sort of ovation, it would be a proud moment for any young player and give you a very good feeling inside."

"Hopefully it's the start of what's to come and I'll be able to get it more."

Delfouneso has been mainly used as a substitute by Gerard Houllier and his predecessor Martin O'Neill, but made his first Premier League start at Fulham on 6 November in the absence of John Carew, Emile Heskey and Gabriel Agbonlahor due to injuries.

He added: "Houllier's shown his faith in me to go and play me. It's down to me now to go and take the opportunity, and hopefully I did enough to try to keep my position. I just keep working hard in training and in the games when I'm selected.

"It's down to me to go and keep showing my hunger and desire in training and when I play that I want to stay in there and keep playing."

Delfouneso said his goal against Blackpool was enjoyable, all the more so because he had had a goal disallowed only five minutes earlier.

"Yes, especially after Saturday [against Fulham], when I feel I should have done better with the chances which I got, I was a bit disappointed with myself because I feel I should have finished at least two out of the three. But it was a proud moment, especially after I got the goal disallowed as well.

"I took myself to do a bit of finishing on Monday, and it was a similar situation so what I was doing on Monday, so it looks like it paid off.

"As a striker you should be working regularly on finishing - that's what you're paid to do. It's nice that practice can pay off."

Delfouneso was replaced 25 minutes from the end of the Blackpool game by Agbonlahor, who may now take over for the home fixture against Manchester United after recovering from injury.

Delfouneso said: "It's normally the other way round. But I'm glad we've got him back and we have that extra bit of firepower now.

"Gabby's done great for himself and he'll continue to. It's good for any youngster to look and see what players that have come through the academy can do - it's there if you want it."

http://tinyurl.com/32a2xn5

Â