Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

"I know that Nathan is not a newcomer because he has played under Martin - he knows the Premier League.

"To him, maybe it's an ideal opportunity to put his footprint on it."

The last two lines arent the most encouraging.

I'm trying but I honestly can't see the negativity in it. All Houllier is saying is that, in a positive way, Fonz won't be over-awed and knows what is expected of him and that the other unfortunate events might work to his favour.

Like I used to be interested in what MON had to say as I think for all his faults he did connect with in terms of his pride of being Villa manager! But with Houllier it's just non-existent!

What i have been feeling for a long time. even if we win. A lot of that is probably due to how much of a MON fan i was and if im honest im not totally letting go. In Houllier I trust. In Houllier I trust.

"I know that Nathan is not a newcomer because he has played under Martin - he knows the Premier League.

"To him, maybe it's an ideal opportunity to put his footprint on it."

The last two lines arent the most encouraging.

I'm trying but I honestly can't see the negativity in it. All Houllier is saying is that, in a positive way, Fonz won't be over-awed and knows what is expected of him and that the other unfortunate events might work to his favour.

I guess, maybe it was just me. It's just the way he said to him it might seem like an oppurtunity. Not that its his chance to shine and all that. I guess GH is fairly understated in that kind of thing anyway though. Theres some more decenet comments on the birmingham mail sight where he says he just needs to up for the fight a bit more. He talks a bit better of him there.

I'll break this trend of "I want the manager out but i don't want to come out and say is explicitly" moment..

Obviously more people will hate him tomorrow if he doesn't get the 3 points.. because of course its ALL his fault.

If you're attributing that in any way to me then you're guilty of an epic misinterpretation :nod: If you're not, then carry on.

No i'm not, i'm all for fairness here, of course Houllier picking Dunne over Cuellar is stupid, of course Houllier's formations at times were questionable (but his proved me wrong about two or three things) Of course picking heskey was laughable - yet again he proved me wrong and he got the best out of him and we got some goals out of him.. but when people don't see ANY positives at all about houllier it does make them sound like they have something personal against him or something - its somewhat embarassing.

I'll break this trend of "I want the manager out but i don't want to come out and say is explicitly" moment..

Obviously more people will hate him tomorrow if he doesn't get the 3 points.. because of course its ALL his fault.

If you're attributing that in any way to me then you're guilty of an epic misinterpretation :nod: If you're not, then carry on.

No i'm not, i'm all for fairness here, of course Houllier picking Dunne over Cuellar is stupid, of course Houllier's formations at times were questionable (but his proved me wrong about two or three things) Of course picking heskey was laughable - yet again he proved me wrong and he got the best out of him and we got some goals out of him.. but when people don't see ANY positives at all about houllier it does make them sound like they have something personal against him or something - its somewhat embarassing.

I dont think there are many on here that actually hate him or dont want to give him time. Spose we just dont like being 14th :D

As for Houllier, hes been a winner everywhere hes been - in major competitions also, so dont worry about him one bit...................

as for Delf, well hes knocking 20 and still cant get a run - the kid hasnt got it at all...... all the top players who come through are regulars and pulling up trees at his age......... Im not holding out any hope for him - heres hoping im proved very wrong, but I just cant see it !!

What? Don't connect with him? Maybe its because your not used to him. Maybe its the fact he's our first foreign manager since Venglos. Maybe its because we aren't thrashing everyone every game.

Either way he's Villa manager and I'll get behind him and give my full support.

And I appreciate he's got injury troubles, (which are being blamed on the training regime - I won't give my view on that now) which means we are going to struggle to win games.

In short Delfouneso needed a chance and now he's got his chance. Just hope he gives it a go and isn't overly judged on his first league start - its going to be tough for him, but I have faith.

As for Houllier, hes been a winner everywhere hes been - in major competitions also, so dont worry about him one bit...................

as for Delf, well hes knocking 20 and still cant get a run - the kid hasnt got it at all...... all the top players who come through are regulars and pulling up trees at his age......... Im not holding out any hope for him - heres hoping im proved very wrong, but I just cant see it !!

Sorry at what age did Gerrard become good? Just cause a player isnt playing every game of the season at 19 doesnt mean he isnt gonna be class.

Like I used to be interested in what MON had to say as I think for all his faults he did connect with in terms of his pride of being Villa manager! But with Houllier it's just non-existent!
That's strange, since I remember many people on here always used to complain about MON in his interviews.

I completely disagree. O’Neill never bought into the Villa in the way the likes of Taylor, Atkinson and Sir Brian did. To him it was just another job. No different in that sense to O’Leary.

As for Nathan, I’m really excited about the kid taking his chance.

I completely disagree. O’Neill never bought into the Villa in the way the likes of Taylor, Atkinson and Sir Brian did. To him it was just another job. No different in that sense to O’Leary.

What about the second bit of the statement? Do you think Houllier has "bought into" the Villa in the way you saw Taylor, Atkinsin and Little doing?

Like Drogba who didn't even sign a professional contract til he was 21 and still took a few years to show real potential.

Nice to write a kid off at such an early stage.

As for Nathan, I’m really excited about the kid taking his chance.

And so consistent in your views!

Sorry at what age did Gerrard become good? Just cause a player isnt playing every game of the season at 19 doesnt mean he isnt gonna be class.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious. Either that or Adbo9 is an idiot.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/11/05/aston-villa-nathan-delfouneso-told-to-show-more-courage-after-his-loan-request-is-rejected-97319-27604525/?]Nathan Delfouneso told to show more courage after his loan request is rejected

NATHAN Delfouneso has been told to show the courage to solve Aston Villa’s striker shortage after Gerard Houllier rejected his loan request.

Delfouneso has been restricted to substitute appearances against Rapid Vienna, Blackburn and Chelsea in what was expected to be his breakthrough season.

The 19-year-old forward could get a chance because of injuries to Emile Heskey and Gabby Agbonlahor and is in the travelling squad for Fulham this weekend.

But Houllier reckons Delfouneso needs more courage to turn bit-part cameos into a regular first-team role at Villa.

“Delfouneso is there,” said Houllier. “He scored for the reserves against Arsenal. He wished to be on loan but I explained to him yesterday that it is not possible for us.

“I said if I could give him one month’s loan somewhere like Curtis Davies then I would have done that but now it is not possible.

“He’s very young and you’ve got to be patient with the young but I think he needs to be a man with muscle, if you know what I mean.

“It’s different to playing junior football with the youth team. It is a mental thing. He doesn’t have to bulk up, he just needs to be a bit stronger to withstand the pressure of pushing and shoving.

“He’s younger than Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan and Ciaran Clark, but he trains with the pros every day, not with the reserves. He’s with us and he’ll be travelling.”

That's strange, since I remember many people on here always used to complain about MON in his interviews.

Again my opinion, I meant as MON understood Villa, before a press conference at VP, he stood on the Holte and understood we are a massive club! Houllier doesn't give me the same feel, I could be totally wrong! Maybe I enjoyed the little lepricorn jumping up and down in the dugout, I can't remember GH coming out of his dugout in a derby that often! It just the way I see it!

Â