Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I must be the odd one out here as people seem excited about the news.

Personally I'm yet to be convinced either way about Nathan but I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the news that he is in the side. He is in the side because we simply have no option not on merit it would seem having been over looked by Houllier and MacDonald.

Now he might do well, I hope he does but I'm not exactly excited at the fact that we are in such dire straights we have got to depend on him in this way.

He's definitely not getting in under the best of circumstances. But then youngsters often have to just take advantage of what they are given in order to break into a first team. And particularly with Houllier not knowing Nathan as well as O'Neill did, the change of manager might have been an unfortunate setback for his development and progression into the first team. I think if MON was still here we'd have seen more of Nathan to this point in the season.

With the other guys definitely out for a few weeks, Nath KNOWS he has a few games to impress, rather than the usual half hour then back to the bench. I think he will be more confident with that in mind. I do rate him, but I'm not expecting a world beater yet. That wouldn't be fair on the kid. He is still taking his first baby steps into the first side but he has shown great intelligence and MOVEMENT (remember that Gabby?) when he has been on the pitch to this point. I think once he settles in, just like with Clark & Albrighton, people will be wondering what all the worry was over.

As a constipated king once almost sang "It's now or never Fonzie".

Personally I'm yet to be convinced either way about Nathan but I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the news that he is in the side. He is in the side because we simply have no option not on merit it would seem having been over looked by Houllier and MacDonald.

Now he might do well, I hope he does but I'm not exactly excited at the fact that we are in such dire straights we have got to depend on him in this way.

I agree with you. I have read all the hype about him but after a breakout 1st Europa League campaign he hasnt really produced in games he has ahd since(granted he didnt play a lot)

He's definitely not getting in under the best of circumstances. But then youngsters often have to just take advantage of what they are given in order to break into a first team. And particularly with Houllier not knowing Nathan as well as O'Neill did, the change of manager might have been an unfortunate setback for his development and progression into the first team. I think if MON was still here we'd have seen more of Nathan to this point in the season.

With the other guys definitely out for a few weeks, Nath KNOWS he has a few games to impress, rather than the usual half hour then back to the bench. I think he will be more confident with that in mind. I do rate him, but I'm not expecting a world beater yet. That wouldn't be fair on the kid. He is still taking his first baby steps into the first side but he has shown great intelligence and MOVEMENT (remember that Gabby?) when he has been on the pitch to this point. I think once he settles in, just like with Clark & Albrighton, people will be wondering what all the worry was over.

As a constipated king once almost sang "It's now or never Fonzie".

Yep get all that and agree with most of it I just struggle to be excited about the fact we are sitting 14th in desperate need of a win and we are in a situation we are in with Nathan. Its the excitement and 'now look forward to the game' stuff I don't get.

I agree with you. I have read all the hype about him but after a breakout 1st Europa League campaign he hasnt really produced in games he has ahd since(granted he didnt play a lot)

He is 19 yrs old FFS! Also as you say he hasn;t played!!

I am willing to bet that you will be pleasantly surprised at how well he does now he is going to get some match time.

He is 19 yrs old FFS! Also as you say he hasn;t played!!

I am willing to bet that you will be pleasantly surprised at how well he does now he is going to get some match time.

Zatman isn't saying he isn't up to it, he is saying he is yet to be convinced he is. There is a massive difference between the two and in my view your jumping on him for something he isn't actually saying.

"It will be an opportunity for young Nathan to step up. Definitely Nathan will be the striker.

"Young players don't stay young all their life. At some stage they will grow and get mature but the career usually starts when there is an opportunity.

"I would say the reason 80 or 90 per cent of the players arrive on the big scene is because they started when there was an opening.

"I know that Nathan is not a newcomer because he has played under Martin - he knows the Premier League.

"To him, maybe it's an ideal opportunity to put his footprint on it."

The last two lines arent the most encouraging.

I'll break this trend of "I want the manager out but i don't want to come out and say is explicitly" moment..

Obviously more people will hate him tomorrow if he doesn't get the 3 points.. because of course its ALL his fault.

If you're attributing that in any way to me then you're guilty of an epic misinterpretation :nod: If you're not, then carry on.

Â