Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

as for the Gabby/Delfouneso debate. Delfouneso for me is a far more natural goalscorer and a better finisher but that somehow doesn't mean Fonz is better than Gabby, Gabby is still the all round best striker at the club.

There are better finishers all over the leagues than Gabby but his all round games, pace, power, strength, work ethic ultimately makes him the better player for the team and also allows him to get chances other strikers wouldn't. The Fulham away for example, first header, he didn't even jump, just simply muscled the defender out the way and headed in and the second one again, great strength to just brush off Hangeland and then a great finish.

Just look at Beckford, very good finisher but his all round game is non existant meaning he struggles. Delfouneso though, well it's promising in my opinion. Missed a few chances vs Fulham, I think a few of us said, at least he is in those positions, goals will come and they did vs Blackpool.

Tottally agree POB, obviously at this stage the jury is still out for me, but he is in the places. Always remember watching Ruud Van Nistelrooy in the charity shield and he couldnt hit a barn door. Was a lot younger then and my dad said hes going to get an absolute hatful - because hes there. For past few years we havent even had someone whos there

After watching the highlights I've even noticed an improvement in Delfouneso from the Fulham game, he kept it simple with the goal, first touch towards to the goal then finish - no messing around like he did a couple of times in the previous game. Hopefully he can keep up this improvement game on game.

I'm not going to get over excited - and it's nothing to do with Nathan - it's just how many times have we been in this position before only for it to fizzle out.

Moore x 2, Vassell, Byfield and many before.

So I'll keep a level head and say there is clearly something there. Every time I thik "This kid just isn't gonna cut it" he bangs in a goal - thus, give it 3 or 4 yrs he could be our Drogba or Torres

But then again, he could be playing for Walsall !

Only thing I will say is I hope Houllier has the guts to play him alongside Gabby with Young back on the wing (giving Marc a rest). I think most of us thought we would see Gabby / Fonz as our strikeforce this season - I would love him to try it.

However, I get the feeling everything is being done (to Villa's detriment) to give Young what he wants at the moment so I erckon we will only see Fonz for the odd 15 minutes here and there.

Shame

Well if you read the interview above you'll find it hard to believe murmurs that he has an attitude problem. He says all the right things there and does so with an air of confidence and maturity.

I think the kid has awesome ability. He is the kind of player that is capable of moments of brilliance that can win a game. His goal against Zilina (seems like ages ago now) is an example of this.

He scored 2 goals last night. He's 19. He didn't look completely out of his depth and neither did he at Fulham, although he was quiet in that game. I think that is really positive given that he has so much time left to develop.

im not sure where the negative feeling towards Fonzo has come from. i really rate the kid and he seems to score in pretty much every game he starts. seems to be the most 'natural' finisher at the club plus hes got great feet and hence the ability to beat his man which is something Gab either cant do or is hesitant to try.

would love to see a Nate/Gab front 2 on saturday, Vidic shits himself when he comes up against pace.

I think Delfouneso is starting to find out that he needs to up his game again, found wanting so far at this level, while Bannan, Albrighton and Clark have all looked in some degree of comfort.

To be fair, they are all two years older than him.

Those who question his attitude just need to watch him defending from the front - he does it just as much as Gabby and Heskey and that's good enough for me as both are very hard-working players! He is a lot better in the air than people think too. Don't write him off just yet.

i certainly like that fact he knows where the goal is but the two things i like the most are his positioning and his work rate!

He always seems to be in the right place at the right time for goals but not only that, for his goal against blackpool he peeled of his defender brilliantly and looked for the through ball! brilliant stuff.

Secondly, i went to Fulham and there wasnt a player on that pitch that worked harder! Worked his ass off!

To sum up, I like the lad!

He just needs to continue to learn how to lose premiership defenders and read the flow of the game, which I think he is already starting to do really well.

To get on the end of that cross to 'score' a well directed header was great. However, it was the real goal that showed what he's about. As Holtender1987 mentioned, the way he peeled off his man to invite the through-ball from young was superb. It still could have gone wrong from there but his touch was perfect; he pushed it into his own path with just the right amount of weight before finishing with precision.

Those aren't things that just any kid can come on and do, they are signs of a really good player in the making. That doesn't mean he's going to be world class or even a premiership player, just that he has very good potential.

im not sure where the negative feeling towards Fonzo has come from.

When he wasn't on the bench earlier in the season and Weimann was, someone speculated that he had got too big for his boots. Soon after he was the next Moore brother.

Indeed, thats how I remember it too.

Â