Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

www.ccfc.co.uk

Aston Villa striker signs loan deal with Sky Blues until the end of the season

Coventry City have signed striker Nathan Delfouneso on a loan deal from Premier League side Aston Villa until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old joins the Sky Blues up to and including June 30, 2014.

Delfouneso, a product of Villa's youth academy, ended an 18-month loan spell with Championship side Blackpool earlier this month and has also represented England at every age group from the under-16s right through to the under-21s.

City manager Steven Pressley said he was delighted to secure the services of the striker after fending off strong interest from elsewhere.

"Nathan had always been high on our shortlist for this window and we'd pursued him for a number of weeks so we are absolutely delighted to be able to bring him in," Pressley said.

"He has a great level of experience for somebody of his age and his ability is something we feel will give us the kind of attacking threat that we want.

"I have been saying throughout this month that we wanted to add strikers in this window so to get someone of Nathan's calibre through the door is exactly the kind of business that we want to be doing."
Edited by packoman

Found his level I reckon. If he fails to score goals in League One then he's screwed. 

He'll be playing non-league football whilst driving a taxi in a few years time, just like another one who never made it here - Stefan Moore.

Seems a decent enough guy. I always thought he had the talent, but he never showed it when he was given a chance.

He seemed to lack drive, or possibly self belief.

Good luck to him, anyway.

More self-belief I think, which may have had the effect that he didn't have the drive too. Very strange situation, as he seemed to have everything necessary to be a very good footballer, shame no-one could get his head straight. Hopefully he'll start scoring a load of goals and get himself back on track.

Devastated isn't the word :(

It's a shame that he didn't live up to the potential that you, and many of us, thought he had. I've seen him score some decent goals, he had good technique and also a good turn of pace, but he's obviously not as good as we all hoped. Good luck Fonzy!

Maybe I should listen to this guy about transfer news more often :)

Always had a soft spot for this guy and watched his cov city interview, not the brightest spark obviously but you can tell he's hungry and more importantly just wants to enjoy playing football, wish him all the best and hope he rips league 1 apart and starts to really prove himself

Edited by skarroki

From the video interview, it seems he knows it's pretty much his last chance to get his career back on track, which is probably weird to say because he's still only 22. But I think he's hungry enough. Best of luck to him.

I don't think they're saying he was a dickhead, more that he lacked the desire and graft to make it, which is probably fair in hindsight

This. He always seemed laid back on the pitch like a Berbatov when his ability didnt match it

Get him fit and in the team and the football club will benefit, the most naturally gifted centre forward I've ever seen, he was brilliant, I love him

Thanks for cheering me up!  :D  What a team we are letting slip through our fingers... we could have had Bannan supplying Delf and Moore up front. What could have been eh?

I think Delf had the ability in his locker but just hasn't applied himself properly. I've heard reports that his attitude stinks but as I don't know first hand, I'm not going to comment on that. I really wished it could have worked for him as its good to see local lads in the team.

Â