Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

No which is a shame, I just don't see enough drive to succeed in him!

I agree, this is his main issue imo. The talent is there (skillwise, he can't be much worse than England international Danny Welbeck of almost the same age?), but he just doesn't seem to want it, it looks like he couldn't care less if he did well or not.

someone needs to get it into him that this time either he does it now till the end of the season, or he has to go. might wake him up some. i'd hate for him to go and then start showing good form at another club...

Whenever I've seen him play down at VP (which admittedly I don't get to go to many games) he's actually played pretty well.

He was by far our best player in the firast half against Liverpool at home, I mean I know we were abysmal but he was the only one trying to do anything.

fonz is shite

Think I've been saying this for the past 5 years whilst everybody else has been strumming themselves over him.

Fair play to the lad for making it this far but he's not premier league material by a long shot, and probably not even Championship either. People keep saying give him a chance, but he's had too many and it's time we gave Weimann a go.

I don't think he's got the intelligence of play required to make it in the Prem, if anything he seems even thicker than Gabby and doesn't have the physical attributes to compensate. If he's to have any chance at this level he needs to bulk up so he's not pushed off the ball so easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Assumed he was injured as seemed bizarre to me we recalled him early from his loan and yet he hasn't made the bench in the last two games.

Think he'll leave in the summer anyway, his career is stagnating here and with Weimann scoring, I can't seem to see him getting much of a chance for the rest of the season.

Agree he needs to progress and work hard but those writing him off at 19 are harsh in my opinion. At his age Gabby was just about to make his debut, and plenty of top strikers the world over were yet to play senior football. Didier Drogba was still two years away from first team football in the French Second Division.

Think he sometimes suffers by having been in the same group as Bannan, Clark etc so people forget he's a good couple of years younger than them. Even if he doesn't break through this or next season he still has lots of time on his side.

No guarantees, of course, but a lot seem to have given up on him a bit early IMO.

Â