Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Not a Premiership player IMO. He has so many chances and been found wanting. Personally I'd cash in. MON always loved him so I'd ask £8m for him off Sunderland knowing they would pay it with MON in charge.

Delfouneso left behind from Germany squad, hope some flush Npower team has snapped him up. He's shown flashes of his ability but rarely shows right attitude to succeed with us.

Fonz plus cash for Matty Phillips? Does thee.

Not a Premiership player IMO. He has so many chances and been found wanting. Personally I'd cash in. MON always loved him so I'd ask £8m for him off Sunderland knowing they would pay it with MON in charge.

If Delfouneso is sold I would imagine there'd have to someone coming in, so there could be some interesting developments.

Well I hope there's interesting developments of players coming in whether we sell Delefouneso or not :)

I think you've mirrored my feelings VillaGoMarching.

We are in no position to sell a striker without getting one back. Bent and Weimann would be the only 2 we have.

I'd be sad to see the fonz go. I was hoping he could prove himself under Lambert.

Haha yeah, I've just written something with those sentiments in the speculation thread.

I agree with you. No way could we be selling a striker if another one wasn't coming in, surely? Because we're thread bare as it is.

I was hoping he could prove himself and maybe he still will, not gone yet I don't think. He's one like a few others, that seems to have suffered a crisis of confidence, although unfortunately his seems to go back a lot further.

I do think some have suffered moving from youth/reserves to first team because of the degree of unrest and lack of guidance in the last two seasons but Delfouneso was around before them.

I do think he suffers because he's younger than people remember because he's been around so long but then the fact he's been around so long works against him in not adapting.

Maybe he got brought through to early or maybe he's not good enough, either way, we'll have to see what Lambert does and assume/hope it was the right one.

Don't rate him, never have. I've never seen anything from him to suggest he is even close to being good enough plus I think he is lazy.

Lazy really? Every time I have seen the fonz he is always running and working hard. That is why I always thought maybe he could become a good player because he always seemed determined.

Yep lazy. He doesn't work hard, he walks around especially when we don't have the ball. Now Gabby worked hard as a young player both on the pitch and off it to improve I just don't see either in Delfouneso he has no future in the PL in my view.

Don't rate him, never have. I've never seen anything from him to suggest he is even close to being good enough plus I think he is lazy.
I agree with that although not sure it is lazy as much as an attitude that he feels he doesn't need to work hard. But then is that really different? If we can get him out and either some money in for him or a player in exchange then he can feck off for me

Just simply not good enough. End of. The handful of appearances hes had shows that. Also, hes annonymous loan spell up at leicester gives a pretty good impression. Mostly out of the team, maybe through injury, but I watched him come on against Southampton - and the Man Utd kid who was also on loan at the time was head and shoulders above him.

If we want to be successful as a club, we have got to stop clinging on to these youth players in the hope that there suddenly going to become good enough.

4 years of coming on and 'looking lively'! Nope, not good enough, got to actually do something kid - because in all honesty, if i rocked up for a game down villa park, I would 'look lively' too!

I think what's been done wrong is us constantly bringing in expensive senior players on higher wages but on equal or only slightly higher quality than our youngsters that is hindering the development.

The worst example by far is Knight for Cahill but there are countless examples. Heskey, Curtis Davies, Beye, Maloney, Routledge... Did any of them offer anything? Sadly due to lack of playing time and never being able to build confidence we'll probably never know how good Delf, Bannan, Albrighton, Cahill could have been for us

If the youngsters aren't good enough for the starting 11 then fine, at least they'll be cheaper than £8,5 m Cuellar on the bench.

If we do have money then by all means keep on spending, but nothing i've seen in the last few years points to that

Delfouneso has the ability but not the application imo. I've watched him come through the youth and reserves and although he's often played very well in patches, he has never been able to stay in a game for ninety minutes.

Lambert will insist on players busting a gut when they haven't got the ball, and the Fonz is far from being that kind of player.

Kendricks report on the bremen game suggests he was left at home because of injury, the only players omitted because Lambert didn't want to take were warnock and Hutton.

In fairness when hes appeared hes looked like taking players on and not shying from shots, hes not had a consistent run of games and you can not judge a player on 10minute appearances.

Attitude is hard to judge when you only see the person in question from a distance and for a short period of time; there has always been rumoured attitude problems surrounding players yet it seems like a modern scapegoat made by fans as an excuse for lack of ability or simply not being suited to a required role. ie delph, bannan and delfouneso.

I've grew up around the area and played with nathan a few times and a fair bit with his brother, hes always hungry to play and that simply doesnt leave a person; the only reason it would is if your patience is tested and your not given a true consistent oppertunity or chance.

Though they are two different types of forwards delfouneso will always find and get to the space weimann can't, if played slightly off bent and wide delfouneso offers more direct potential in behind the defence, weimann looks to bring others into space and is a presence in the box and hassling the ball and with our ever seemingly light weight midfields is what we need at the moment and will always leave fonz out of favour untill he grasps that second wind and brings something else to the plate aside from goals, i dont think any of us doubt his ability or attitude as a goal scorer and its still too early to critise and ship off someone like fonz at this stage in the club and players development, i still believe he will adapt and make a name for himself in the prem (whether or not its with aston villa.)

Â