Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

personally, if hes good enough he would have been given the chance - the facts remain 4 managers have seen fit not too bother with him..........

MON gave him his debut at 17, so don't know how you figure that out.

MON also gave a 4 year deal to Isaiah Osbourne and let now england and chelsea centre back Gary Cahill go for a poxy 5 million pounds. Unfortunately he was horrendous at youngsters. And so Albrighton never proved himself under houllier ? :L

If the position of those four managers was given to you, you would first of all not play an 18 year old when your pushing for potential champions league.

Further down the line you dont play a 19/20 year old when your struggling in a relegation battle and need goals.

Hes only 21, not a lot of people become a professional before the age of 21 in any field especially without consistent experience.

Untill he gets a good run we cant judge and conjure excuses, but this is a potential oppertunity for him now as were not seeing too much of weimann.

A bit concerning that we are heading into the new season with 2 out of 4 strikers being relatively unproven and all about potential and even then fans can't agree who is better/worse.

Would be a risk not to bring someone more experienced in and loan either Weimann or Delfouneso to another club.

personally, if hes good enough he would have been given the chance - the facts remain 4 managers have seen fit not too bother with him..........

This for me. I know the lad is only 21 but he's been given ample chances to impress and just hasn't done it for me. Even when on loan at Burnley he failed to have any impact at that level.

Think it's time to cut our losses and see if a Championship side want him for £800k before he runs down his new contract without achieving anything. Just have to take a look at players like Weimann to see that having the right attitude and determination to succeed gets you far in this game.

Its funny how we say McLeish was a shit manager as was Houllier but we use them in the argument of Delfouneso. As for K-Mac, I think his stint as manager and coach last season and season before doesn't make him the best judge does it.

Im very confused is this in any way indirected towards me... ? lol.

And also Houllier was awful but still got the best out of albrighton... which has basically proved my point ?

No mate not directed at you, what for half a season he got the best out of him? To be honest we overhype all our youngsters big time, their lies the problem! Our most successful product from academy is Gabby, who if rumours are to be believed was going to be let go as it was believed all he had was pace but he worked hard. Bannan, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Weimann, I keep hearing this is the year for them to do it. Soon it'll be your brother, Carruthers, Graham.

Fair enough and yes ive known we over-hype our players for a long time. And yes half a season or 2 full seasons it doesnt matter... hes proved himself. Nathan just hasn't, theres no defending that. I hope he does well and does become the next didier drogba ( which was what i heard ) but im afraid he doesnt look like it all. And yep if my brother is 21 and is still not performing or in some peoples opinions doesnt look like he wants it, i'd expect villa fans to be slating him for it no doubt as its their opinion.

Sorry but have to disagree mate about half a season being proven, Albrighton is far from proven and same with Bannan, a few tippy tappy passes won't change my mind either. I can't believe we're writing him off, whoever said he's the next Drogba is an idiot, he doesn't have the size or the physique, he is actually a clever player and I believe he will come good, trust me at 21 I will not write your brother off, but lets see.

Sorry but have to disagree mate about half a season being proven, Albrighton is far from proven and same with Bannan, a few tippy tappy passes won't change my mind either. I can't believe we're writing him off, whoever said he's the next Drogba is an idiot, he doesn't have the size or the physique, he is actually a clever player and I believe he will come good, trust me at 21 I will not write your brother off, but lets see.

Fair play then i hope Nathan proves me wrong mate.

albrighton played some very good stuff for houllier, bannan has shown some class in patches but nowhere near as often as albrighton did. the fonz hasn't done either of those things yet.

i don't think he is lazy, you hear all sorts about his attitude so i don't know what to beleive there. i've seen him a few times and his movement and his running with the ball look good, he looks like he has good technique and he's got a good goal scoring record at reserve level.

i'd personally like to see delfouneso get some time on the pitch this year, bring him on for 15 mins here and there, plus hopefully the youngsters get a crack at the league cup.

Albrighton and Bannan have proved they can hold their own in the Prem. They just haven't proved they can do it consistantly - Bannan struggles for consistancy game to game where Albrighton has struggled to keep form season on season.

As for Delfouneso. Not sure where the 'doesn't try' has come from. The games I have seen him play in the first team, he has if anything tried too hard. This has ended with him overrunning the ball, taking too heavy a touch, attempting to beat one too many, silly stuff like that. With games I think he might settle down.

21/22 is still very young and imo we shouldn't be releasing or selling players that really don't cost us a lot in wages and cost us nothing in signing. Certainly not when we already have a very thin squad. We could not replace them with anyone near as good for the same money. They are still very good value.

We do not need to get rid of these players to get new players in. It's the higher earners such as Dunne and Warnock that would allow us to free up wages not the likes of Albrighton, Delfouneso, Weimann or Bannan.

Edit: In fact glancing at the J2M thread. Consider this, we could probably keep Delfouneso for 2 more seasons with him playing an occasional game and it would still cost less than J2M has cost us. That's where I'm coming from when I say these young lads are value for money.

analysis leads to paralysis.

they can either score or they can't

Our strikers other than Bent can't be relied upon to score regularly enough...Simple as.

He just needs to shoot a little more, whenever I think, ooh, he has a clear sight of goal he seems to pause and rethink his plan.

He once had a lovely finish, I wish someone would spend a few weeks teaching him to shoot early.

Isn't a difficult training programme. but is he the sort of guy who will commit?

• 2 weeks later...

So....where the hell did this curveball selection come from then?! Did Lambert see something in training this week and or just thought he looked a bit like Drogba?

To me, if it comes down to a choice between the two it has to be Wiemann every time. Andi isn't the finished product by a long way himself but he'd put a shift in if he had to play on the right and he just has more goal threat about him.

Really struggling to understand where the hell him starting come from today. I would expect it to be the last time we see him in the shirt tbh.

Â