Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Heap, look at his name, he also has a relative in the squad too, so hence his view, but I'm with you just because Delfouneso doesn't crack a smile doesn't mean he is moody, or doesn't work hard, I've seen him chase down, run channels, he works hard but fans see different things and thats the beauty of it.

Talk about his attitude and laziness but the one thing in his favour for me is the runs I've seen him make in the penalty box that only goalscorers like Bent can instinctively do, and you only see their worth when they have a long run in the team. If we sold him I'm pretty sure another club would turn him into a decent goalscorer, despite the ordinary loan spells he's had.

Talk about his attitude and laziness but the one thing in his favour for me is the runs I've seen him make in the penalty box that only goalscorers like Bent can instinctively do, and you only see their worth when they have a long run in the team. If we sold him I'm pretty sure another club would turn him into a decent goalscorer, despite the ordinary loan spells he's had.

I agree with this but weimann also has the foresight of good positioning in the box along with his other assets, the only way i can see fonz getting a shout is when we need goals away from home and a player to feed off irelands vision and bannan spraying the ball outwide into space.

In fairness when hes appeared hes looked like taking players on and not shying from shots, hes not had a consistent run of games and you can not judge a player on 10minute appearances.

Attitude is hard to judge when you only see the person in question from a distance and for a short period of time; there has always been rumoured attitude problems surrounding players yet it seems like a modern scapegoat made by fans as an excuse for lack of ability or simply not being suited to a required role. ie delph, bannan and delfouneso.

I've grew up around the area and played with nathan a few times and a fair bit with his brother, hes always hungry to play and that simply doesnt leave a person; the only reason it would is if your patience is tested and your not given a true consistent oppertunity or chance.

Though they are two different types of forwards delfouneso will always find and get to the space weimann can't, if played slightly off bent and wide delfouneso offers more direct potential in behind the defence, weimann looks to bring others into space and is a presence in the box and hassling the ball and with our ever seemingly light weight midfields is what we need at the moment and will always leave fonz out of favour untill he grasps that second wind and brings something else to the plate aside from goals, i dont think any of us doubt his ability or attitude as a goal scorer and its still too early to critise and ship off someone like fonz at this stage in the club and players development, i still believe he will adapt and make a name for himself in the prem (whether or not its with aston villa.)

Its the age old question what comes first the chicken or the egg.

Managers are employed to win games and they don't have bucket loads of time.

The question I always ask myself when watching players of all guises ...HOW EFFECTIVE ARE THEY.

I had the priviledge of watching the likes of Andy Gray, Brian Little, Gary Shaw & Trevor Francis at a very young age..... They all showed an abundance of effectiveness even when they wasn't scoring they looked dangerous.

Attitude is tricky in my book it usually comes when a player's work is coming off and the essence of making a solid contribution is evident.

I have watched many youngsters at Villa park who appear to go through the motions i.e ineffective... not having a go at them, they are just not good enough and in many cases it takes too much time for everyone to make up their minds....fans, coaches etc.

If a given level of improvement is not maintained over a reasonable amount of time.... its not going to happen.

Too many of our youngsters in the last few years have only been good enough for the lower divisions.

I agree with this but weimann also has the foresight of good positioning in the box along with his other assets, the only way i can see fonz getting a shout is when we need goals away from home and a player to feed off irelands vision and bannan spraying the ball outwide into space.

The conditions of who is playing where, how and when don't matter to good goalscorers.

There are far too many eventualities to consider.... good goalscorers just score.. full stop.

I'd like to see him get a run of games, say 10-15 games

It's time we found out one way or another surely ?

Bit risky giving someone who is not proven quality that length of time in the team, Lambert can make his own judgement based on training and the odd sub/league cup appearance.

It is not possible to give out those kind of chances at PL level,you get a few opportunities and you have to prove yourself & size the moment.

10-15 games could damage the team and put us near the bottom again.

It is not possible to give out those kind of chances at PL level,you get a few opportunities and you have to prove yourself & size the moment.

10-15 games could damage the team and put us near the bottom again.

I'm not sure this is true, are you saying that Lowton won't get a decent run in the team to prove himself ? More of a risk of losing a match by playing inexperienced defenders than inexperienced attacker.

personally i think we have to give Delfouneso a chance, he's still only 21, he played 2 and scored 1 last season for Villa, with 9 goals in 45 games, his record is better than Gabby's who has scored 11 in his last 59 Villa games.

I think he deserves a chance, and don't really see what we have to lose by giving him a go.

I'm assuming you've met him?

Yet im also going to guess you wouldnt say anything like that even in moderation to his face as hes a focused and alright guy...

I'm not saying i have and im not saying he's not a nice guy ? lmao.

You see the majority of youngsters come through and their desperate to grasp their chance... Delfouneso on the other hand is aging very quickly and is not doing much with it.

Hes been on loan hasnt impressed. Hes played for villa... hasnt impressed. And quite frankly all im saying IMO hes attitude on the pitch isnt the greatest.

There was a reason towards the end of the season Mcleish left him out of the squad and put the youngsters on the bench instead.

Kevin, did Gabby impress when on loan at Watford or Sheff Wed, so much so we were considering to release him. At Burnley they played him on the wing, at Leicester they played him up front. As for his attitude, I really don't know what you see, he tries hard, gives it his all, he is only 21 for crying out loud, we expect to give the likes of Albrighton and Bannan a chance though there 22/23 but yep lets rid of someone whose 21.

Kevin, did Gabby impress when on loan at Watford or Sheff Wed, so much so we were considering to release him. At Burnley they played him on the wing, at Leicester they played him up front. As for his attitude, I really don't know what you see, he tries hard, gives it his all, he is only 21 for crying out loud, we expect to give the likes of Albrighton and Bannan a chance though there 22/23 but yep lets rid of someone whose 21.

I suppose but then again IMO theyve got to have a degree of talent there in the first place. Bannan and Albrighton had their chance and took it ( even though bannans still very inconsistent and albrighton had a bad year last year ) theyre still the type of players that have proved themselves.

Delfouneso just hasnt at all. And it may just be me but he seems EXTREMELY lazy off the ball. Fair enough he may have done well in reserves and youth but surely any championship type player must have did that. I heard so much hype about him and i think hes just nowhere near what i heard he was. I'd expect a lot of villa fans would say the exact same about my brother if he was in nathans position aswell btw.

personally, if hes good enough he would have been given the chance - the facts remain 4 managers have seen fit not too bother with him..........

Bullshit. Mon give him debut age 16 against zilina in the uefa cup (he scored BTW) houllier saw enough in him to extend his contract and would have played but for us needing experience to get us out of relegation trouble and injurys ruled him out of 2/3s of last season. He didn't make the bench because he did his ankle in at leicester.

Â