Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2681 posts, 2680 likes. I'm very nearly in the 'more like than posts club'.

I realise this is because the majority of my posts have been since likes were introduced to the site, but still..

giphy-facebook_s.jpg 

EDIT: I don't want to post anymore. From this point on I'm just going to edit this post for anything I have to say on this forum

How about Jack Grealish leaving, eh? I'm gutted. @Stevo985 @lapal_fan

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

2681 posts, 2680 likes. I'm very nearly in the 'more like than posts club'.

I realise this is because the majority of my posts have been since likes were introduced to the site, but still..

giphy-facebook_s.jpg 

Ta-da!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just give me a few minutes to go back andf unlike all of your posts....

I'm trying to think of something funny to say, but really that'd just make me sad

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

I got my medical cannabis card today, and bought a high CBD tincture (very mild psychoactive effect) as well as a couple of pinches of smokable herb to relax at night. I also tried a cannabis salve (non-psychoactive). I rubbed some into my bad elbow, and within a few minutes the pain went away! 90 minutes later now, and it's still pain free. I really didn't expect it to work this well.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Especially when you have to get up at some stupid hour in the week. 

5am is the norm for me

I'm normally up by 6-6.30 at weekends anyway but I don't mind getting up when I haven't got work. Saying that work keeps me feeling healthy.

Finally after 6 weeks Im allowed to ditch the crutches 

pub tonight for a beer to celebrate

Mrs H is sure that 6 weeek is actually on Tuesday but clearly she is mistaken so the beer is happening ...

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My missus having a brilliant rant and vowing never to shop in the local waitrose ever again because she read they'd given £125 to some local **** conservative group.

Me pointing out it said conservation group.

Ha! Posted on exactly the same topic in the Labour thread without seeing this. Spooky!

On 28/01/2017 at 16:19, chrisp65 said:

My missus having a brilliant rant and vowing never to shop in the local waitrose ever again because she read they'd given £125 to some local **** conservative group.

Me pointing out it said conservation group.

Did you get in trouble for pointing it out i.e. making her feel stupid?

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm generally a happy person.

Some of the people I work with just never seem that happy.  It must be quite difficult for them.  They get incredibly annoyed at people who don't understand what they mean/need and I can't help but think that it's partially that persons fault for not explaining themselves well enough to be understood.

I had a call last week with a colleague.  She was asking me a strange question about being potentially audited on work we're currently doing.  She'd ask the question and I would give as straight an answer as I could to it.  But she kept saying "That's not what I mean".  She would rephrase slightly and I would give her another answer to the question she just asked.

This must have happened about 6 times before she got what she wanted out of me, but she sounded annoyed at me.  But if she'd have asked me that question initially, I'd have told her the answer to it.  Seemed like she was asking about things she didn't quite understand. 

Anyway, **** being mad and angry all the time, seems like too much hard work.

• Like 2

Â