Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's a European vegetable crisis.  Any excuse to not eat any :) 

Yep, been problems with courgettes for a while and now it's hit broccoli and other stuff.

Reporter on Sky news about high lettuce prices has seriously just come out with, "That's just the tip of the iceberg."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yep, been problems with courgettes for a while and now it's hit broccoli and other stuff.

Reporter on Sky news about high lettuce prices has seriously just come out with, "That's just the tip of the iceberg."

That's the problem with yucky foreign veg.  It would never happen to potatoes.

'the greenbelt'

**** off with you, you nimby pretend concern but just worried about protecting your own house price dickheads

I wonder what the correlation is between greenbelt nimbyism and people that think we're sinking literally sinking under the weight of immigrants? Pretty much 90% the same people plus a few hippies I reckon.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

'the greenbelt'

**** off with you, you nimby pretend concern but just worried about protecting your own house price dickheads

I wonder what the correlation is between greenbelt nimbyism and people that think we're sinking literally sinking under the weight of immigrants? Pretty much 90% the same people plus a few hippies I reckon.

Wrong thread?  I once wrote a song called 'Kill The NIMBYs' and it's brilliant, if I say so myself.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Wrong thread?  I once wrote a song called 'Kill The NIMBYs' and it's brilliant, if I say so myself.

Yeah, I didn't have time to switch threads  just had to let it out.

Like a pee after a long car journey, once you've mentally committed to it, it's happening no matter where you are.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, I didn't have time to switch threads  just had to let it out.

Like a pee after a long car journey, once you've mentally committed to it, it's happening no matter where you are.

As long as you don't to it in my backyard (not that I'll ever be able to afford a house with one in Sussex)

I was once so desperate for a wee sat in someones passenger seat I was in agony. I was rolling around like that scene from Alien.

We pulled up on a street and I didn't have time to even get to the wall, I stood on the pavement right by the car with little Paddywhack in hand, but to my amazement I couldn't go, it seemed to have just disappeared. I didn't go until about 10 minutes later when I got home.

This led me to the conclusion that us humans have some kind of back up bladder.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced house prices are hugely impacted by the greenbelt when house building companies are hoarding huge amounts of land with planning permission, and not building on them. Unrestricting the greenbelts just give them more land to hoover up, it's not going to encourage them to build more.

• Like 1

Sat eating pizza and drinking beer in pizza express  whilst spiral architect is blaring out on the speakers. Don't think you can get much better than that. Non stop sabbath being played.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Â