Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Pub lunch in a pub that didn't have a big screen.

Then a walk along a few miles of beach to walk off the roasties, a coffee and a giant slab of cake and a walk back again to walk off the cake.

Plus a walk by of one of my fave buildings, god bless brutalism, eh!

31915899303_c09345ca60_z.jpg

32606358421_1351ea570d_z.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Pub lunch in a pub that didn't have a big screen.

Then a walk along a few miles of beach to walk off the roasties, a coffee and a giant slab of cake and a walk back again to walk off the cake.

Plus a walk by of one of my fave buildings, god bless brutalism, eh!

31915899303_c09345ca60_z.jpg

32606358421_1351ea570d_z.jpg

Illumined clouds, in a winter sunset

Sand like wetted silk

Me, a strange on the shore

Just like Acker Bilk :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I gave that post a"like" but probably should take it away for the hideous combination of "town", "united" and the "a" of afc. That immediately renders any claim to superiority over American rugby or any other kind of mud wrestling null and void. Massive fail.

I concur.

You'll have to take my word for it and accept that I wasn't there the day in the summer of 2013 that new name was chosen. I would have been slightly more aggressive in the name chosen, it certainly would have been shorter. But I wasn't there, I was working away. So you get naming by committee. For legal reasons and boring nerdy historic reasons we needed a name distinct from a couple of other names already 'owned' by the nutjob we beat in court to take over the running of the club, but that also reflected a continuity with older names and references. In fairness, we have also absorbed quite a few other local clubs that had very different names, ladies footy (Vale FC) and a brilliant disabled / mixed ability team (Glamorgan reds), plus kids teams from Rhoose that were blue and a second 11 from Cadoxton that were green hoops. So grudgingly, the united is there for a reason, it's not just some tosser that likes manchester that picked it. Mashed in there, we've got heritage from teams with town, unionist, united and athletic in their titles. 

But as I say, personally, it's not to my taste but naming day I was literally in a secure facility in Kent. My vote was CPD Barri.

Nobody ever refers to us as 'united' it's certainly never been shouted from any terrace, it doesn't appear on any merch..

It's a nice simple 'town' for day to day use and shouting purposes.

On 05/02/2017 at 14:30, Xela said:

Geezer Butler's guitar for the final Sabbath gigs (been mentioned in the music thread) but it cheers me up as well :)

16406769_10154960378883064_5591914164966

Not a sabbath fan in any way whatsoever, but that is very pleasing to the eye and hopefully peed off any noses in the crowd :)

As someone who had to put up with Jeff Lynne's blues floor mat last year, it's nice to see Mr Butler's axe !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I bet you've become quite smart, just because you enjoy looking at Rachel's arse :lol: 

I doubt knocking one out during the numbers game is a great learning tool, to be honest :D 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2010 at 00:26, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Pouring candle wax on my hand, letting it dry then peeling it off.

Epic.

A pub I used to go to every week had those big fat candles on the table. We used to constantly twit about with them

My favourite was pushing your finger down on the side wall till it got low enough to let the molten wax escape like a volcano. 

Taking wax thumb prints,  pouring shapes onto the table,  moulding the warm but pliable wax,  got a blury photo somewhere from an early phone camera of a pint glass we decorated into a wizened old man with wax. 

Happy days. 

Edited by sidcow

On 05/02/2017 at 14:30, Xela said:

Geezer Butler's guitar for the final Sabbath gigs (been mentioned in the music thread) but it cheers me up as well :)

16406769_10154960378883064_5591914164966

Now that is brilliant. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2011 at 00:47, chrisp65 said:

Used to go to quite a few Super Furry gigs.

End of the evening was always a rousing rendition of 'I feel like chicken tonight', if you're gonna cover someone else's work you may as well make it a well known one!

My mates band used to cover the Rainbow tune for a bit of childhood nostalgia.  He liked it as he was the drummer and got to do the power drumming at the start.  Also in the early days when he had a Simmons kit they used to cover Kelly Marie feels like i'm in love purely so he could to the doo doo electric drum bit. 

The crowd (me and another mate) used to love it. 

• Like 1

At home today because got an hospital appointment at 12.30 so my boss has let me have the day off :) what he does not know yet though is I've got an ultrasound tomorrow as well but that's not until later so I should be ok to work most of the day.

On 6 February 2017 at 17:10, mottaloo said:

Not a sabbath fan in any way whatsoever, but that is very pleasing to the eye and hopefully peed off any noses in the crowd :)

As someone who had to put up with Jeff Lynne's blues floor mat last year, it's nice to see Mr Butler's axe !

There was a long haired bloke Infront of me who  looked like he had taken way too much acid over the years and he had the new villa shirt on. I drunkenly let him know that I liked his shirt.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There was a long haired bloke Infront of me who  looked like he had taken way too much acid over the years and he had the new villa shirt on. I drunkenly let him know that I liked his shirt.

I was at T In The Park (in Scotchland), and saw a lad in a Villa shirt. I said something like, "nice shirt mate, up the Villa", and the lad just looked right through me. His mate then apologised to me, and told me he was off his tits, and not to be offended. :lol: 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 3

T in the park looks like you get a lot of riff raff there. Any good? 

We, well I say we but I got friendly with these two blokes Infront of me, ya know headbanging,pissed up hugging and all that cobblers. Anyway we walked out of the arena together and I asked where they were from and they said willenhall. They had to get three different trains to get home so I said we would drop them off because my wife was driving, obviously can't drink at the moment. The one lad was an Everton fan and the other wolves. Good job I don't mind either club or they could of got the train. 

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

T in the park looks like you get a lot of riff raff there. Any good? 

I've been twice (won tickets through work last time), and can honestly say it's one of the friendliest festivals I've been to. There did seem to be a larger 'Chav' element, but on the whole, they're all there to have a blast and get wrecked. Can't argue with that. I did get stitched up by a lass I was seeing the first year though. She got a box of cans, with the England football team on, and asked me to carry them for her. As you can imagine, I got a few cat calls, and boos! All in good spirit though.

• Like 1

Â