Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sat eating pizza and drinking beer in pizza express  whilst spiral architect is blaring out on the speakers. Don't think you can get much better than that. Non stop sabbath being played.

As you know, I'm not a huge Sabbath fan, but I really like Spiral Architect. 

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Hopefully some vinyl records, and a few beers, after that shit. :(

I never let the football ruin my day anymore (easier said than done!) as it's something not in my control :)

• Like 2

Had a cracking day today... went to Salford Quays for a beer and a 'cheeky';) Nandos. Had a quick look at Old Trafford as well before. Then a pit stop in Manchester city centre before heading over to Moston to watch FCUM play SV Austria Salzburg in a friendly. There was also a beer festival going on at the ground and a live band afterwards. :)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I never let the football ruin my day anymore (easier said than done!) as it's something not in my control :)

Same here, when Forest scored the second part of me was pleased that the inner me was right for knowing it would happen.

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

Me too.

It's why I find the mouth foaming reactions in the VT section quite hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Me too.

It's why I find the mouth foaming reactions in the VT section quite hilarious.

Hey come on, we all used to be like that once. I destroyed many a household article in rage about 25 years ago...if I was like that now I'd probably be banged up for murder.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Hey come on, we all used to be like that once. I destroyed many a household article in rage about 25 years ago...if I was like that now I'd probably be banged up for murder.

Same here,  i used to lose it when I was younger.  Now I just bet 2-1 to Forrest.

On 22/11/2010 at 18:49, sonic_bouma said:

watching the kids you teach come first in a regional athletics competition you've trained them over 2 months for !

(that was my way of telling everybody)

Topped only by watching your own kids come first in regional athletics events and wondering how such a lazy overweight tub of lard who gets out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs managed to produce such talent.  If we had a milkman I would be suspicious. 

And much kudos to you for your time and effort by the way. 

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

This cheered me up no end @new soho tavern yesterday.

Then they put the Villa match on the TV......:(

IMG-20170204-WA0000.jpg

That's the deluxe mixed grill with the king prawns! Good choice. Masala chips as well :D

I had to cancel my visit to the New Cottage Inn on Friday :(

• Like 1

Yep, that's the boy ! Chilli chips and a chicken jalfreizi too ! It was the dogs danglies !

Sorry to hear about ur cancelled trip - hopefully to be rectified soon ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yep, that's the boy ! Chilli chips and a chicken jalfreizi too ! It was the dogs danglies !

Sorry to hear about ur cancelled trip - hopefully to be rectified soon ?

I hope so. I have a trip to the New Talbot pencilled in for a couple of weeks time but a few of the 'Mixed Grill Crew' keep dropping out and asking to rearrange. 

If that happens then we might just do a local one after work in the City Centre like the Keg & Grill, Hen & Chickens or the Barrel Bar & Grill, which I haven't been to yet. 

• Like 1

Â