Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Would there be a day off if Kate is dead?

Depends who goes first you'd think. If sausage fingers goes first, she's the queen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Same. Carrying over 2 but I really need the king to be fighting fit as I have plans for those days. 

I carried 5 days over as I never take any holiday. 

Norfolk county council in the US have been given 490 m dollars as a settlement from Apple. They sued the giant because the CEO said they were pressures on sales but not from  China. However 2 months later said tensions between US and China had they had to downgrade sales. Norfolk county pensions invested money into Apple during this period and sued them for fraud.

Norfolk County Council beats Apple in £385m iPhone row

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68580235

Edited by colhint
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Can't people just buy a different make of phone if they want?

I got taken to task on here for suggesting that iPhone ownership is a minority thing in the UK. Clearly I was wrong, but the fact remains that pretty much everybody I know - all generations - uses Android. I can think of one friend and one relative that have iPhones, and that's about it. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Can't people just buy a different make of phone if they want?

I find it odd too.

I’m sure anything apple do many other companies also do, they just aren’t as successful.

Apple doesn’t have a monopoly. 

Apple is in a weird situation that we've not really seen before.

Whilst they don't have a 'traditional' monopoly (other smartphones are available etc) they have created a sort of monopoly by their practice of creating homogenous marketplaces that they have sole dominion over which obviously destroys competition practices within it. So you have things like Apple refusing to allow third party hardware to work with their devices (either to their fullest extent or not at all), or their pushing back against any app that threatens their own stranglehold over something like contactless payments. That's dodgy as **** and obviously needs to end. And it's good to see that the US has gone further than the prior moves against Apple by the likes of Unreal over their marketplace practices, which was a start but by no means the full extent of their wrongdoing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

It does once you own the device

What do you mean? I can still use google apps, google sheets, samsung apps on my iphone. I can connect it to me car via cable or bluetooth.

I have several pairs cheap wireless earbuds that work perfectly.

Do android handsets offer apple pay? 

Edited by Genie

Â