Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Keep it that way, take it from me it’s utter bobbins. But you definitely will have heard it and already hate it

Yeah, I'd imagine most people will have heard it.  It's a classic trance track; great era of dance music to be fair.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, I'd imagine most people will have heard it.  It's a classic trance track; great era of dance music to be fair.

When you’re gurning your nuts off, it’s a banger. Any other circumstance, it’s a migraine. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness it is absolutely ubiquitous but it doesn't really fully into the taste of more prolific music posters. I wouldn't bet my house that Mike and Rob have heard it but I suggest they have and it just didn't register. 

15 seconds in for the hook. 

Oh that

I've got the 37 minute extended 12" version.

I could quite possibly be lying.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

There's a hook? It's anonymous generic bleepy shit. Could be anything - that stuff all sounds the same! (Yes, I'm well aware that that's what my parents said about The Beatles and Stones). 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There's a hook? It's anonymous generic bleepy shit. Could be anything - that stuff all sounds the same! (Yes, I'm well aware that that's what my parents said about The Beatles and Stones). 

I agree completely. 

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Any other circumstance, it’s a migraine. 

Wanderlei Silvas walkout-song. Classic MMA 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It is a classic of its genre but as it’s a genre I’m not a huge fan of. There’s much better electronic music out there in very similar vein that is much better. Much prefer Leftfield or F**k Buttons or even Blanck Mass

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness it is absolutely ubiquitous but it doesn't really fully into the taste of more prolific music posters. I wouldn't bet my house that Mike and Rob have heard it but I suggest they have and it just didn't register. 

Well **** me backwards with a 100 ft barge pole. I DO know that song.  It is famous. 

But yes it's shit. Can someone post Sandstorm by Cast instead please. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xela said:

Reminds me of this

I got your Rhymes going 'round in my head
Got your supersonic beats mixing up my Keds
So dance, little DJ, come on
What's your name?
I wanna move, but I don't feel right
'Cause you've been playing other people's songs all night

So tell what you're trying to say
What's your name?
Hey, roll over, DJ
You're spinning away
All my time
Hey, who cares what you play
Say whatever you say, 'cause I don't mind
Hey, roll over, DJ
If you don't mind
Well, I know that you think you're the star
A pill poppin' jukebox is all that you are
So tell me it ain't that way
What's you're name?
Yeah
Hey, roll over, DJ
You're spinning away
All my time
Hey, roll over, DJ
If you don't mind
Yeah
Hey, roll over, DJ
You're spinning away
All my time
Hey, roll over, DJ
If you don't mind
Hey, roll over, DJ
If you don't mind
Hey, roll over, DJ
If you don't mind
Yeah

One of my favourite Jet songs but the bits in bold are a bit harsh 😂

Edited by sidcow

Funnily enough, the music snobbery actually does cheer me up in here. As it re-inforces its own existence unashamedly :)  I will say though, as an actual trance fan, I'm not a fan of Sandstorm. It's a good bit more techno-y than trancey for me, and dare I say the main instrument is a bit too harsh, and the melody lacking nearly any variety even for that often (but not always-)repetitive genre. It did well commercially which should tell you all you need to know (Eric Prydz anyone? Compare 'Call on Me' to 'Opus' and get back to me). Most good trance tracks don't do well commercially, nor should they!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I did wonder if that song was the Big Brother TV theme and that's why I knew it.  But is wasn't (although it very easily could be).

18 hours ago, bickster said:

It is a classic of its genre but as it’s a genre I’m not a huge fan of. There’s much better electronic music out there in very similar vein that is much better. Much prefer Leftfield or F**k Buttons or even Blanck Mass

Sorry but they’re not the same, you can’t compare Leftfield with generic trance music.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sorry but they’re not the same, you can’t compare Leftfield with generic trance music.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I did wonder if that song was the Big Brother TV theme and that's why I knew it.  But is wasn't (although it very easily could be).

The BB theme song was actually written by Paul Oakenfold, I had it on vinyl where it had much better versions than the generic edit.

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A lot of years ago when the whole dance / rave thing was quite new, but not so underground that office boys from the sticks hadn’t heard about it, I went to a VW Beetle thing at Santa Pod.

Thumping repetitive beats were being pounded out of a big marquee and everyone was loving it and we were all happy well in to the early hours and beyond. Just let the music take you. Feel that.

I left the tent, I was in quite a happy state, and sitting there in the grass left by someone was the biggest joint of this marijewana I’d previously read about. The biggest **** you’ve ever seen. So I took it. Took it back to my tent for research porpoises. But couldn’t get anything out of it. Rubbish. No wonder it had been left there just sticking out of the ground.

When I woke up a few hours later, it was one of them big long lasting outdoor bbq candle  / torch things.

Great music though, great night.

I await your memoirs with damp pants.

• Like 1

Â