Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For me the first Guinness of the day would always be a struggle. And the second, and the third, but I hope I'd come to my senses by then and start drinking something that didn't taste like shit. 

1de26ccd-f1fa-4bf1-9350-97956ddcccb6_tex

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

For me the first Guinness of the day would always be a struggle. And the second, and the third, but I hope I'd come to my senses by then and start drinking something that didn't taste like shit. 

oh-oh-snap.gif

On 16/02/2024 at 21:43, sidcow said:

My Sister in Law lived in Portishead. 

Actually, where is the boring thread? 

Isn't Portishead where all BBC competitions run from, way back when.

Send your answers on a post card to OK box whatever , Portishead, Brizzle.  

• Like 1

On 21/02/2024 at 17:34, Wainy316 said:

The fact that KFC are using 'Down with the Sickness' by Disturbed on their advert, although personally I think they should have used the song's bridge.

It's interesting that a company selling food would use that song.

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

hdn7o3M.png

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Some of you lot, in fact quite a few of you lot (and one in particular) are going to spend all eternity having a barbed wire dildo rammed up your shitter.

That is cause for much cheeriness.

• Haha 1

The owners of the Crooked House are being forced to rebuild it. Nice to see arsholes fail to get away with it occasionally.

BBC

Mr Lees said the authority had "not taken this action lightly" but it was "committed to do what we can to get the Crooked House rebuilt."

4 minutes ago, Anthony said:

The owners of the Crooked House are being forced to rebuild it. Nice to see arsholes fail to get away with it occasionally.

BBC

I saw this and thought it was a little bit odd. What’s the benefit of rebuilding it how it was really? 

I certainly agree they should have been punished for what they did. They should have been charged with fraud and had all the insurance money seized.

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw this and thought it was a little bit odd. What’s the benefit of rebuilding it how it was really? 

I certainly agree they should have been punished for what they did. They should have been charged with fraud and had all the insurance money seized.

You think they had insurance? 

I think they should donate whatever bricks are left and a big wad of cash to Black Country Museum and rebuild it there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm thinking it might be bloody difficult, verging on impossible, to build it leaning. 

Surely you just lay down a concrete slab at an angle? 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You think they had insurance? 

I think they should donate whatever bricks are left and a big wad of cash to Black Country Museum and rebuild it there. 

I’d assumed (maybe incorrectly) that was the motivation as they had previous for recently acquired properties burning down.

I would think it actually easier to build it new on an angle than try to keep a building up that's started to significantly subside. 

Just now, Genie said:

I’d assumed (maybe incorrectly) that was the motivation as they had previous for recently acquired properties burning down.

I think they burned both just to get the land cleared. 

I would think at best they had removal of debris cover (but probably not even that as they wouldn't have had insurers authority to demolish it within 24 hours. 

If they did have full cover (well Fire Lightning Explosion cover only which is max on an empty property) they would have been in breach of cover demolishing the remains before a loss adjustor been out. 

• Thanks 1

Â