Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Affluent area doing well, you say? 🤔

Sutton is an affluent area, and the centre is like Chernobyl. Solihull similar by all accounts. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Sutton is an affluent area, and the centre is like Chernobyl. Solihull similar by all accounts. 

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Being a more affluent area is part of it, but not all of it.

Tamworth town centre is a mess but that can be mainly attributed to the roaring success of the out of town Ventura Retail Park. Fyi, Tamworth are busy relocating the college into the town centre so that should at least make it busier, but students are not exactly famous for spending money.

My little brother cooked our mum dinner for mother's day. Just her. Everyone else was shit out of luck. He didn't even cook a portion for himself. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My little brother cooked our mum dinner for mother's day. Just her. Everyone else was shit out of luck. He didn't even cook a portion for himself. :D

Years back, about a week before Christmas my grandparents had a bit of a get together for their anniversary and did their own food and drink. At the end their was a few bottles of wine unopened and they offered them to whoever wanted to take them. 

My older brother took one of these bottles, then gave it to my parents (who were also at this meal) for Christmas. They of course knew where it came from.

Cheap bastard.

Edit; I just remembered a better related story than that. About 7/8 years ago my mum said she’d call round to see the kids, it was the day of my birthday. She said she’d bring them a McDonalds in and asked what they liked. Didn’t ask me, but I thought she’d know the kind of thing I’d like. She arrived, with 2 happy meals, on my birthday with **** all for me 😥

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, colhint said:

My brother. He went for a shower and his £2 bottle of Asda shower gel was empty. So he used some of hers. She moaned at him the conversation went something like this. 

Why did you use my shampoo

Sorry love mine was empty

But you used the really expensive one

I didn't know. 

Why did you wash your balls with my Aesop it's £40 a bottle.

Because they're worth it.

Man using wife's expensive shampoo to wash his balls:

A MAN has admitted he has been using his wife’s expensive shampoo to wash his balls for a while now.

Tom Logan first went for the expensive-looking bottle after rinsing out his cheap Asda shower gel for the third time and now finds it impossible to stop.

Office worker Logan said: “I can’t go back to that muck you find in the supermarket. My bollocks are used to a higher class of wash.

“It’s not just my testicles, all my nether regions have grown accustomed to the luxurious feel of ‘Sumatran Fern, Orange Oil and Saffron’. It leaves my bumcrack feeling really refreshed and ready for the day.

“For a brief, glorious moment every morning my knackers get pampered like Kim Kardashian. However if my wife finds out I’m **** because it costs 30 quid or something ridiculous.”

Logan’s wife Helen said: “I’ve suspected Tom has been using my shampoo for ages. I assumed it was revenge for me using his razor to shave my fanny.”

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Until February no doubt :D 

5 short weeks in a row :) 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

5 short weeks in a row :) 

Actually this is the first full week I've worked since before Xmas :D with more short weeks to come before Easter! Got at least 2 possibly 5 more days to use before the end of the month 

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Talking shit using my alter ego login and watching it bring all the boys to the yard.

So what exactly do you have against Sugar Puffs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been allowed to carry over three days holiday to next year (starts April 1st)

So not only are there less than the normal amount of bank holidays in the next leave year I now have my it's ""OK for the King and Princess of Wales to Die this year" insurance policy

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've been allowed to carry over three days holiday to next year (starts April 1st)

So not only are there less than the normal amount of bank holidays in the next leave year I now have my it's ""OK for the King and Princess of Wales to Die this year" insurance policy

Same. Carrying over 2 but I really need the king to be fighting fit as I have plans for those days. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Same. Carrying over 2 but I really need the king to be fighting fit as I have plans for those days. 

My daughter reckons from a friend of a friend that may or may not move in circles of the civil service that both of them will kark it before Xmas

I keep trying to tell her that space lizards don't obey normal rules but she's insistent 

Â