Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I keep intermittently chuckling to myself whenever I think about that Willy Wonka event in Glasgow.  Especially the concept and presentation of ‘The Unknown’, the completely made up evil chocolate maker that lives in the walls.  

Could have been worse:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Warburton’s crumpets absolutely pissing Lurpak

I've mentioned it before, but it amazes me how bad Warburton's bread is, yet how their crumpets are far and away the best. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've mentioned it before, but it amazes me how bad Warburton's bread is, yet how their crumpets are far and away the best. 

I think everyone else just gave up on crumpets, you can’t touch warbutons.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Warburton’s crumpets absolutely pissing Lurpak

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I think everyone else just gave up on crumpets, you can’t touch warbutons.

Bought some M&S ones recently. Not fit to lick the melted butter off a Warburtons. 

I'm absolutely certain they're a tinsy bit smaller than they used to be mind. 

• Like 1

Sunday evening. 

Bullseye on the TV.

Buttered pikelets.

Impending dread of school the next day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Impending dread of school the next day. 

I’m really lucky that I’ve never suffered with the dread of school or work (yet, there’s still time).

Just now, Davkaus said:

The Heartbeat theme tune on a Sunday night was always my trigger for the anxiety of the weekend coming to an end

I remember during the week as soon as Eastenders or Coronation Street closing theme time aired it was “up to bed” within seconds.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The Heartbeat theme tune on a Sunday night was always my trigger for the anxiety of the weekend coming to an end

In my day it was depressing black and white Dickens adaptations. No wonder I hate his books. 

• Haha 1

Antiques Roadshow in our house. 

And my memory is that my folks would also watch The House of Eliott on a Sunday evening. This was made more tolerable for 9 year old me because of Louise Lombard.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The House of Eliott on a Sunday evening. This was made more tolerable for 9 year old me because of Louise Lombard.

Even better for 40 year old me.  

• Haha 2

Having a potter around Lichfield this morning. Very nice. 

I've said it before, but seems to be one of the few places that isn't decimated by tons of empty stores/deserted precincts. I mean, there are a few empty units, but compared to other places, its quite busy and bustling. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Having a potter around Lichfield this morning. Very nice. 

I've said it before, but seems to be one of the few places that isn't decimated by tons of empty stores/deserted precincts. I mean, there are a few empty units, but compared to other places, its quite busy and bustling. 

Affluent area doing well, you say? 🤔

Â