Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Off on my holiday tomorrow - 18 days in Portugal and northern spain. 

Where in northern Spain? Just spent a week in Bilbao with excursions to Santander and San Sebastian. It was f***ing amazing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Where in northern Spain? Just spent a week in Bilbao with excursions to Santander and San Sebastian. It was f***ing amazing. 

Ferry to Santander then driving to Salamanca for the night.

Next day onto Aveiro, Portugal for 10 nights before driving to Leon for the night and finishing off at Llanes for 5 nights.

Northern Spain is beautiful - have previously done Gijon, Burgos, the Baztan area of the Pyrenees and Llanes (so nice we’re returning this trip!)

will do Bilbao and San Sebastián in the future no doubt!

Looking forward to going back!

First family summer holiday since 2018 as working away and then Covid have scuppered travel for the past three summers 😥

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Just managed to arrange a new phone contract for me and the missus. 2 new iPhone 13 Pro Max on a 2 year contract and reduced how much we pay a month.

Over the two years we'll pay £400 per phone less than it would cost to walk into an Apple shop and just buy the phones

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just managed to arrange a new phone contract for me and the missus. 2 new iPhone 13 Pro Max on a 2 year contract and reduced how much we pay a month.

Over the two years we'll pay £400 per phone less than it would cost to walk into an Apple shop and just buy the phones

It’s amazing how businesses have all of a sudden started really offering lower prices for stuff like that. Had an email yesterday saying Sky contract nearly at an end, but we’ve got this offer for it to only go up by 9 quid for the same package, saving you x amount over the contract length. Phoned em up to cancel. Got it for less than I’m paying now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Second batch of collared doves this year. This time there’s two. One appeared Monday the second yesterday. They grow really fast. They’ll be gone in no time at all. But they make me smile

29E2B91C-6036-4214-9FD6-A8BBEB2B08B9.jpeg

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Alex Jones (Mr Infowars) is in court, being sued by the parents of the Sandy Hook victims after he said it was all fake.

It's not going well.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A friend of mine lives in Chile and gets over every couple of years, as a result a group of friends that worked in Our Price/Virgin in the 90s get together and catch up. This happened in Telford last night, possibly the best night out I have had in a few years. Cheers me up but pisses me off it's so infrequent. 

Whereabouts in Telford if you don't mind me asking? Southwater?

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whereabouts in Telford if you don't mind me asking? Southwater?

No, the Pheasant in Wellington. It's local to where the fella from Chile was staying. It's not a bad pub, lots of local ales, not that I had any. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can’t believe they didn’t say “splashing out” or other obvious pun.

If only he'd signed for Young Boys at the Wankdorf Stadium. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Best name ever.

My favourite is Miami Marlins’ second baseman Jazz Chisholm. 

Must be a commentator’s worst nightmare trying not to say Jizz Chasholm and then giggle with alarming immaturity. 

• Haha 1

Â