Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Flicking trough channels whilst finishing my wine before bed, I've stumbled across Caddyshack.

I mean such a diobolical film is unlikely to cheer me up but I'm praying the "Well... We're waiting" scene will crop up in my 20 minute window. 

I must have seen it 30 odd years ago because nobody watches that film twice but I would have zero conception (as would anyone) of it's cultural significance decades later. 

As I write the villain of the piece is on screen 😁

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Caddyshack

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean such a diobolical film is unlikely to cheer me

What planet are you on? It's the gretest film involving golf ever and will never be surpassed.

I've watched it many more times than I've actually played golf

The second greatest film involving golf is Happy Gilmore and its not even close

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

What planet are you on? It's the gretest film involving golf ever and will never be surpassed.

You seriously need your head examining. 

Edited by sidcow

And there it is, finally I can go to bed. 

Ironically I'd alway thought from the GIF it was a night time scene, but it's actually one of those mid day scenes cut to a late evening shoot with trees in the background 😂😂

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Talk about damning with faint praise. 

Well yes, exactly. Best film about a very shit sport because it ridicules the sport itself and the players of that sport

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hands up if you, like me, did not have @bickster down as an Adam Sandler fan. 

I'm not, I'm an anti-golf fan

14 hours ago, choffer said:

Watching football on Prime with the subtitles on. They’ve obviously got some ropey old computer  program translating the commentary into text and it’s hilariously bad. 

yeah. They came up (God knows how or why) on when I was watching it, too. But what cheered me up was I said "Hey Siri, turn off subtitles" and they went away, like magic. Newfanglement!

4 hours ago, blandy said:

yeah. They came up (God knows how or why) on when I was watching it, too. But what cheered me up was I said "Hey Siri, turn off subtitles" and they went away, like magic. Newfanglement!

I asked Alexa to turn off the sub titles but she just told me to **** off. Which is fair enough as I usually dismiss her with a shut the **** up. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, blandy said:

Leave them on next time the Villa is on the telly. Watching it fall over every time Chukwuemeka is mentioned is hilarious. 

• Haha 1

The speaking to Siri thing is all well and good when it works, but reminds me of one for TTTPYO thread.

Some absolute scrotum called Luis Masters has launched about a dozen albums, on Spotify, all called "Daily Mix 1", "Daily Mix 2", etc. They've all been launched in the last year, and I'm absolutely certain he's done it purely to earn money from accidental plays when Google/Siri/Alexa plays those shitty albums instead of the Spotify playlists. I honestly wish eternal pain and misery on Luis Masters for the series of brief inconveniences he's added to my life. word removed. 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The speaking to Siri thing is all well and good when it works, but reminds me of one for TTTPYO thread.

Some absolute scrotum called Luis Masters has launched about a dozen albums, on Spotify, all called "Daily Mix 1", "Daily Mix 2", etc. They've all been launched in the last year, and I'm absolutely certain he's done it purely to earn money from accidental plays when Google/Siri/Alexa plays those shitty albums instead of the Spotify playlists. I honestly wish eternal pain and misery on Luis Masters for the series of brief inconveniences he's added to my life. word removed. 

That is absolute genius :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A fortnight since I thought I may have been caught by a police speed van and nothing in the post so far. I don't want to tempt fate, but its looking good at the moment. 

22 hours ago, bickster said:

The poo in the swimming pool🤣

• Like 1

Â