Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 hours ago, Xela said:

FTFY 

;)

Well, a fan of anything except polymer discs with a long spiral scratch etched in each side whose inherent worth is apparently inversely proportional to the number of people who have ever heard of the person/group responsible for its existence.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Well, a fan of anything except polymer discs with a long spiral scratch etched in each side whose inherent worth is apparently inversely proportional to the number of people who have ever heard of the person/group responsible for its existence.

You appear to have forgeotten my total fandom for Adam Sandler :crylaugh:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

A fortnight since I thought I may have been caught by a police speed van and nothing in the post so far. I don't want to tempt fate, but its looking good at the moment. 

Longer than four weeks and you should be ok

• Like 1

On 02/12/2021 at 21:09, Xela said:

More dough? 

Well, yes, in the end.  I asked my current company for a 9% pay rise to stay and they gave it to me so I've done a u-turn and staying.  They didn't even try negotiating so I wish I'd asked for more now!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Well, yes, in the end.  I asked my current company for a 9% pay rise to stay and they gave it to me so I've done a u-turn and staying.  They didn't even try negotiating so I wish I'd asked for more now!

Nice bit of... self-raising dough*

car-boom.gif

*flour didn't work as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice one. I hope your lad appreciates you going to the effort of trying to rearrange the tests for him! I'd have told him to grow up and sort it himself :D

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Nice one. I hope your lad appreciates you going to the effort of trying to rearrange the tests for him! I'd have told him to grow up and sort it himself :D

Yeah, he did thank me. I've also sorted his (stupidly expensive) insurance but it's over to him now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, he did thank me. I've also sorted his (stupidly expensive) insurance but it's over to him now. 

Excellent news mate. Just get him a beige Austin Maestro now and he'll be all set to impress the ladies. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Allegro Van Den Plas would be more of a fanny magnet

Any car that has pull down picnic trays in the back will snap knicker elastic at fifty paces. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Excellent news mate. Just get him a beige Austin Maestro now and he'll be all set to impress the ladies. 

Can confirm 😂

Congrats to him though, after all that build the test must have been such a big mental thing to get through 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got my car insurance renewal through, I was all prepared for my annual phone-call of righteous indignation and sticking it to the man, but it's way cheaper than last year and beats anything on a price comparison site. Weird.

Nearly put this in the TTPYO thread because they've ruined my rant :D 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just got my car insurance renewal through, I was all prepared for my annual phone-call of righteous indignation and sticking it to the man, but it's way cheaper than last year and beats anything on a price comparison site. Weird.

Nearly put this in the TTPYO thread because they've ruined my rant :D 

You still rocking the 2 car garage? 

Â