Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There’s 10 people in the Irish bar in Split and 1 of them (besides me) is a Brummie Villan. happy jack grealish GIF by Aston Villa FC

Someone who’s reading this just sent a screenshot of this to another guy in the pub who I’m with and asked if I’m with him. I am. And so is his picture. @One For The Road

92-FB51-EB-16-A6-4-F91-B0-EF-08-E7-E8922

VT inception.

• Like 4

We've had a Colared Dove nexting in behind one of our security lights for about a month. I was convinced there were eggs there as the bird was pretty much resident for a month or more

It flew off for a bit today, quick check, no eggs or babies... evicted!

Also I broke the record for the Swedish half-marathon in Warrington today.

(Hint: Go to IKEA an hour before England Kick Off and its empty)

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I work with a guy called Ufuk.

Funnily enough, that's what a lot of my colleagues call me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Could have put this in any number of threads but it cheered me up so it’s here. 

"but it's hard to argue that it's the greatest UK number 1" - Tom isn't familiar with VT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

"but it's hard to argue that it's the greatest UK number 1" - Tom isn't familiar with VT.

That was EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that. 

Then again whilst it's without doubt a brilliant song (INCOMMING) I think there are definitely argument it's not the greatest of all time even without VT. 

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's a thread that blew up - thousands of retweets. Then he spots the omission of the word "not" in the opening tweet the next day. :crylaugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

That was EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that. 

Then again whilst it's without doubt a brilliant song (INCOMMING) I think there are definitely argument it's not the greatest of all time even without VT. 

I’d say it probably is. Pure pop, probably Kylie ICGYOMH, but ghost town is a nailed on classic 

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Could have put this in any number of threads but it cheered me up so it’s here. 

Me and a few mates "sung" this at Karaoke in Lake Balaton one time  ..its safe to say nobody in the club had really heard this song before based on the baffled looks we received

we won the crowd over by performing the next song completely naked , but that's another story   

suffice to say , whever I hear Ghost town i kinda chuckle to myself  at the night out and how bad our rendition was   ..then get embarrassed when i remember what followed

2 hours ago, choffer said:

It's a thread that blew up - thousands of retweets. Then he spots the omission of the word "not" in the opening tweet the next day. :crylaugh:

I saw the omission of not, but in the same way people 'could care less' about something, either way it can be argued whether he thinks or doesn't think it's the best #1. This is VillaTalk after all :) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Me and a few mates "sung" this at Karaoke in Lake Balaton one time  ..its safe to say nobody in the club had really heard this song before based on the baffled looks we received

we won the crowd over by performing the next song completely naked , but that's another story   

suffice to say , whever I hear Ghost town i kinda chuckle to myself  at the night out and how bad our rendition was   ..then get embarrassed when i remember what followed

Maybe the other people in the club were just much too young to remember The Specials. 

• Like 3

I never liked Ghost Town.

I'm not a music snob, hopefully my record of listening to any old shite shows through on VT

I just don't like that song. It's absolutely nowhere near the best Number 1 ever

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I just don't like that song. It's absolutely nowhere near the best Number 1 ever

It's certainly no Mr. Bobby. 

Â