Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

My younger brother and his mates go to butlins in minehead every November for an indie weekend,  think it's called Shiiiine or something like that. 

He says there's loads of aging balding mancs and other indie disciples all wearing adidas gazelles, having a mad un !

Sea Banks Hotel, Porthcawl.

We persuaded one of our party that you aren’t supposed to wear synthetic fibres in a jacuzzi. 5 minutes later, sure enough he’s in the jacuzzi with his shorts placed to the side. So we explained nobody else had any intention of using a scuzzy jacuzzi, picked up his shorts and left him to it.

We used to have union rep weekends there. Smoke filled late night bars and fry up breakfasts. It’s where I became a man.

• Like 1

Having a long weekend in Stourport on Severn weekend after next. In my motorhome. It looks a fairly nice place, anyone any experience of a dog friendly pub in the town centre?

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Taught my grandson to say “did I stutter” if his nan repeats a question to him. 

Should teach him “say what one more time, I mother f******g dare you” next

• Haha 1

Just booked a lads trip to Clacton-on-sea for the end of July

32 of us going , so it should be metal , lots of all day drinking and general merriment until the small hours

lucky to get in as a lot of the hotels we tried all seemed to be chocked full of lads weekends and Stag do

wouldn't want to be going there for a family holiday  .....

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

32 of us going , so it should be metal , lots of all day drinking and general merriment until the small hours

lucky to get in as a lot of the hotels we tried all seemed to be chocked full of lads weekends and Stag do

How about I ditch the family, join up with you lot and I won’t make a fuss about your keenanesque typo?

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Is it Clacton Pride at the end of July?

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Taught my grandson to say “did I stutter” if his nan repeats a question to him. 

Reminds me of Menace To Society...

He’d be a little badass if you can get him to perfect that. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

How about I ditch the family, join up with you lot and I won’t make a fuss about your keenanesque typo?

Ha , some of my mates are so lightweight  they would probably be more at home  playing crazy golf with your family 

Not been to Clacton ( and don’t currently have any plans to go if it wasn’t obvious ) be interesting what you think of it as way things are going I’ll be looking for domestic weekends with the family in August 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Ha , some of my mates are so lightweight  they would probably be more at home  playing crazy golf with your family 

Not been to Clacton ( and don’t currently have any plans to go if it wasn’t obvious ) be interesting what you think of it as way things are going I’ll be looking for domestic weekends with the family in August 

The problems this summer are prices and availability (which go hand in hand).

We looked at lots of places in Devon and Cornwall but the prices for what was left were through the roof. More than we’d paid to go to America.

Even if Clacton is a bit ropey we’ll just day trip to other towns and do some exploring. We’ll have a great time one way or another I’m sure.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

The problems this summer are prices and availability (which go hand in hand).

We looked at lots of places in Devon and Cornwall but the prices for what was left were through the roof. More than we’d paid to go to America.

Even if Clacton is a bit ropey we’ll just day trip to other towns and do some exploring. We’ll have a great time one way or another I’m sure.

Yeah, prices down there are crazy. We go down several times a year to see family and it's now about 50% more expensive then it was 2 years ago. I doubt prices will come down again anytime soon as people have been paying them. 

We're camping for a week and even that's shit up in price. 

Set the hot tub up last night, it’s just getting up to temperature. Only use it for three months of the year but it’s a good way to relax after a busy week. Chilli Garlic chicken curry for tea then I’m diving in. A few extra curry induced bubbles won’t hurt anyone 👀

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Car insurance has come down from £290 last year to £224 this year.

Which was nice.

Good isn't it :) There's a new law (I think) that prohibits insurance firms from charging their loyal customers more than those just signing up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, trekka said:

Good isn't it :) There's a new law (I think) that prohibits insurance firms from charging their loyal customers more than those just signing up. 

There's also a new claims law, which is aimed at cutting the solicitors out of the minor injury claims and requiring actual medical evidence of an injury

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trekka said:

I should have added, it’s a new provider. I knew something was up when my current provider offered a couple of quid discount. Usually they stick the price up and hope you don’t notice. 
A quick comparison and boom, £66 cheaper with new insurer on the same terms.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There's also a new claims law, which is aimed at cutting the solicitors out of the minor injury claims and requiring actual medical evidence of an injury

An interesting read. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Car insurance has come down from £290 last year to £224 this year.

Which was nice.

3 hours ago, trekka said:

My insurance is up on the weekend and for some reason my quote had gone up to £554

So I phoned today to cancel to make sure that they didn’t take money as I was going elsewhere. Instantly I got a revised quote of £400.

I explained I’d already had a quote from Admiral for £228, so I was still going. They offered me a further one of discount getting me down to £300.

I very nicely explained to the guy how 300 was a higher number than 228.

After a slight pause and me having to promise I really had a quote for £228 (I didn’t), they agreed to match the £228, from a starting position of £554.

Enough people just let it auto renew I guess.

• Like 3

Â