Barry Bannan

villianusa

Thought he did ok.

Bottled a few tackles but generally kept the ball well and has the ability to get the ball out wide quickly and accurately.

I think his backing out of tackles has annoyed me more than anything from today, his passing is quite often crisp and precise but it seemed a bit wimpy to be backing out of tackles so often!

think him and westwood are beginning to get a good understanding and have always said his willingness to get in the ball is a strength which we have usually lacked in midfield.

some people say he bottled some tackles well he also made a vital block in the 2nd half and showed a desire to put his body on the line

He is definitely showing his most consistent form in a Villa shirt to date, but I do worry about his 'bottling' of challenges. You can't be a can't be a central midfield player, who doesn't like to 'get stuck in'.

I know he's not the biggest, but he's got to improve that side of his game otherwise fans will turn on him in games where he's not playing well.

He's very tenacious and always demands the ball, I like the lad a lot. His only real problem is his tendency to go for the miracle ball from deep too often.

At least he is trying to be positive in his play and look for the forward ball, instead of passing in sideways and backwards for the whole match.

To be fair, his "miracle ball" on Saturday at least, was quite accurate. Hardly turned it over and switched the play from the center out to the wide players effectively. I think he is our best corner taker as well.

He just needs to start whipping corners rather than floating them to Benteke. The floating ones are just too easy to defend. Too much time to think about it all.

He can whip them in because he used to do that, The manager/coaches are the ones who decide how they are taken and they must tell him to float them in. I prefer them whipped in as well.

He's very tenacious and always demands the ball, I like the lad a lot. His only real problem is his tendency to go for the miracle ball from deep too often.

Don't post here often, but never understand this criticism. Whenever I watch Bannan, his long balls normally always go to one of our players.

Don't post here often, but never understand this criticism. Whenever I watch Bannan, his long balls normally always go to one of our players.

He switches the play well but his forward passes from deep tend to go nowhere. He likes the speculative ball when the simple pass is perhaps the better option. It's not exactly a terminal issue though, he has been excellent this season overall.