Barry Bannan

villianusa

When you have KEA playing next to you it's hard to not look like the quality of Pele!

Sorry but I just think this is nonsense.

I think you appear to hold completely over the top polarised opinions of both players, so much so that I can't take you seriously.

He was better when Ireland came on because the pressure was off him to be creative. First hour he was just getting theball and pinging it forward without even looking.

So frustrating. He's such a good passer of the ball, but he doesn't do it.

Sorry but I just think this is nonsense.

I think you appear to hold completely over the top polarised opinions of both players, so much so that I can't take you seriously.

Thanks trent and yes maybe a bit ott in opinion but all in all you get what I mean I take it? :)

Yep thought he was poor aswell, bad signs if he can't follow a good display against Arsenal with at least a competant one against the worst team in the league.

It's these stupid long balls he does that just go to the opposition that tip me over the edge again and again. He could've also cost us a goal in the first half when he was messing about on the edge of the ball.

Not saying it just for his cameo tonight but Ireland would start over Bannan every time for me.

Jesus all of you make me so angry. Bannan has a great game and everyone praises him saying he should be starting each week and is a great talent. Then Bannan has one bad game and everyone is back to saying he is shit and is not good enough.

Normally im an advocate of his play, but didn't look at the races today ad misplaced a lot of possession.... Him and benteke had a massive slanging match at one point... On a bright side corners were a lot better than the floaty stuff he had been putting in recently.. How we didnt score more from them in second half especially when 2 fizzed through 6 yrd box

Jesus all of you make me so angry. Bannan has a great game and everyone praises him saying he should be starting each week and is a great talent. Then Bannan has one bad game and everyone is back to saying he is shit and is not good enough.

If you take a look at the names of posters and the little pictures by them you might notice that they aren't the same posters ;)

Got to say at times he frustrated the hell out of me tonight with some of his distribution and decision making. Credit where it's due though, on multiple occasions he was the one making important interceptions to help out his defence. Just a shame a significant amount of those arose as a result of his own poor play. Still based on recent performances I'm happy to call it a blip for the time being at least, although I would like to see him phased out of being our go to guy in dead ball situations sooner rather than later.

He was wasteful tonight, but a lot of play goes through him so he's one of our more noticeable players, good or bad. Thought he did well with defensive work - set up 2 good counter attacks winning the ball back in the first half, and he did put in some v.good corners (as well as a couple of duds) so it wasn't all bad.

Overall I think he's deserving of his spot in the team at the minute. His workrate is excellent & I think his partnership with Westwood can develop into something v.good. We've looked better with those two in CM than any other combo we've tried this season. Put Ireland in front of them and we've got three proper footballers in midfield.

Not good enough for the Premiership IMO. He'd be a good player for Celtic or someone in the SPL but not up to premier league standard. He also thinks he's a much better player than he actually is, constantly trying the gerrard style hollywood passes to nobody.

Hmm... I think he just had a bad game yesterday. He weren't terrible, Just was a bit wasteful in possession. Though, the shift he put in the last 3 games i'm not surprised he had a bit of a slow game today (same with the whole squad really). Think he deserves his place, he's doing well at the minute, hope he keeps it up.

Hmm... I think he just had a bad game yesterday. He weren't terrible, Just was a bit wasteful in possession. Though, the shift he put in the last 3 games i'm not surprised he had a bit of a slow game today (same with the whole squad really). Think he deserves his place, he's doing well at the minute, hope he keeps it up.

Exactly this, after putting shift like against Arsenal and having just two full days off between the games is bound to take it's toll. Tiredness probably brought out the nervousness so I expect him and the whole team play better against QPR. People really blow up everything out of porpotion.