Barry Bannan

villianusa

Just a thought that occured to me when I watched that Life's a pitch show talking about MON. I thought Bannan was MOTM against sunderland. He was really good. And IIRC MON once said that he was too small to play in the CL. Maybe Bannan felt that he had something to prove the old manager. Maybe he had such a good game to stick up the two fingers to MON. This isn't very relevant, actually. Just a thought. As long as he carry on.

interesting note at the bottom of garth crooks article about his team of the week which Bannan was in.

"Did you know? Bannan has created 12 scoring chances for his Aston Villa colleagues this season - more than any of his team-mates"

Having Bannan in the team = more creativity, so he needs to be kept in there for me.

Found a link now. It was actually quite easy. :)Here it is Told by Bannan himself.

Fair enough (although I don't think that's quite as explicit as what you said)

But I thought you meant MON said it in an interview ro something, which would've been harsh!

Never rated him

Not consistant enough to be a regular first team PL player

I'd stick him in the same boat as Average Albrighton good enough as a squad player but not the first team

Bannan has flashes of being a decent player but unfortunately not enough of them

For every 8 star rated game he has he will have about five matches in between where he will get a 5

For every 8 star rated game he has he will have about five matches in between where he will get a 5

Under McLeish he played 1 game in CM if I remember correctly (against QPR). Under Lambert he's played 3games now as CM (Everton, Swansea, Sunderland). That's 4 games in the past 2 years in his natural position. He's not a winger. He never will be a winger. He's been absolutely useless whenever played as a winger (which McLeish used to love to do). When he plays in his natural position he almost always has an influence on the game. (Everton being the game where he didn't).

You say he's not consistent enough, but when has he ever been played as a CM consistently?

• Like 1

I like Bannan, I also like how passionate his displays are, anyone see him absolutely seething at Vlaar when Swindon scored their first goal against us? He cares, he wants to make an impact and I think he's done reasonably well this season. He's obviously got a level of technical ability and I think he has a part to play.

Even those who don't rate him can hardly sit there and say Delph is better, cause Delph has been very disappointing for me (which is a shame as I want him to be a success). Bannan is worthy of his place right now, he fits in.

Fair enough (although I don't think that's quite as explicit as what you said)

But I thought you meant MON said it in an interview ro something, which would've been harsh!

True, I didn't remember it really as it was. But that interview tells that Bannan was quite fed up with it and fed up with never getting a real chance. Probably nothing he rally thought of during the game.

For me, his best game that I've seen is still the one against untied at VP two years ago. He totally dominated the game that day. Wouldn't mind if he could do that again this weekend. Which probably means that he'll be useless.

honestly, i've rather accomodate Bannan, than Ireland. Bannan always offers more end product than Ireland IMO. Both have decent levels of intelligence on the pitch but Bannan seems to want it more than Ireland (not hard) i mean look at Ireland's attempt at goal on saturday from the Mignolet **** up, absolutely shameful.