The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'll say what we are all thinking, he's crap.

He's no longer interested in playing football in the Championship, he thinks he's too big for the league and the club. He sulked for most of the game today after the crowd got on his back and Millwall doubled up on him. Spends more time moaning to the ref than playing football.

I'd rather see O'Hare given a chance in the first team this season or Scott Hogan given a chance alongside Abraham.

Needs to sort himself out over the international break. At this rate I would be happy to sell him for £25 come January.

• Sad 1

He's not crap. He was the only one trying in the last ten minutes as everyone else was just jogging around not offering an option. He didn't have a good game today, no, but why the **** are people jumping on his back when he's going through a bad patch? It's pathetic. 

• Like 1

Grealish is good at breaking the lines in midfield and feeding a pacy winger. He’s reasonable at other stuff but that is his real strength. He’s not a great finisher as doesn’t really have guile to play the assists as a 10.  For quite a while now we’ve asked him either to play as a 10 or BE the winger or play centrally in a side with no wingers. 

The effort to stuff either Kodjia and Abraham in or Hourihane and McGinn has stuffed the balance of the side. We bought tons of wingers in ththe summer and without any of them doing much wrong we seem to have decided none of them a worth playing. It’s pretty baffling and that’s before you even get to the defence. 

I’d agree I have some worries about Grealishs attitude right now but I think if we can sort the balance of the team out by making some tough choices we’ll start to see the best of him again. 

Edited by villaglint

It wasnt Jack at all today. We started brilliantly with quick incisive passing which helped him as they did nt have time to reorganise and double up.

However after 25 odd minutes the team seemed to give up trying to go forward themselves, and went to default 'pass it to Jack' mode.

We become incredibly easy to defend, especially for a rugged team like Milwall.

Its more a team state of mind that needs addressing rather than Jacks problem!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'll say what we are all thinking, he's crap.

He's no longer interested in playing football in the Championship, he thinks he's too big for the league and the club. He sulked for most of the game today after the crowd got on his back and Millwall doubled up on him. Spends more time moaning to the ref than playing football.

I'd rather see O'Hare given a chance in the first team this season or Scott Hogan given a chance alongside Abraham.

Needs to sort himself out over the international break. At this rate I would be happy to sell him for £25 come January.

I'd like to see him under another mananger at Villa first. He may yet turn out to be a great player. But it needs to happen soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not crap. He was the only one trying in the last ten minutes as everyone else was just jogging around not offering an option. He didn't have a good game today, no, but why the **** are people jumping on his back when he's going through a bad patch? It's pathetic. 

Happens all the time. Don' understand why some are so desperate to state he will never be good.

• Like 1

He's a good player, but no where near as good as some make out. Last season he was in the top 5 best players in the league, this season he's not, due to bad management and his head clearly being turned in the summer. He's not delivering right now, I don't care what anyone says, he is not playing well enough and is not doing enough, he should be dominating matches, but he isn't. Let's hope the new manager can get the best out of him. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Sorry but Grealish is so overrated  it's unreal.  Too slow and ponderous.  No need to beat 2 or 3 players every time you get the ball ......completely pointless!  Too slow in his thinking!  by the time he's decided what to do next the whole opposition defence are back in position and the chance has gone!  O Hare would be a better choice for me.  Give me McGinn over Grealish any day of the week....he actually makes things happen!

3 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Sorry but Grealish is so overrated  it's unreal.  Too slow and ponderous.  No need to beat 2 or 3 players every time you get the ball ......completely pointless!  Too slow in his thinking!  by the time he's decided what to do next the whole opposition defence are back in position and the chance has gone!  O Hare would be a better choice for me.  Give me McGinn over Grealish any day of the week....he actually makes things happen!

On the radio commentary today I barely hear McGinn mentioned. 

I heard Grealish mentioned every few minutes. 

He's a bit low on confidence in a struggling team.  The way we go from one extreme to the other does my nut.  Whoever takes over will realise he is the key to getting us back up the league.  Oh yeah and miraculously sorting out our defence will help. 

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On the radio commentary today I barely hear McGinn mentioned. 

I heard Grealish mentioned every few minutes. 

Ok, I watched the whole game on TV.  Jack had plenty of the ball, but as I said before there was absolutely NO end product.....no shot or worthwhile pass, just falling over, over and over again......same old, same old!

People make out like Grealish is this "unlocking creative genius" that changes games and frightens defences up and down the country. In reality (the real world) he scares no team, barely creates anything, rarely changes a game and is averaging 2 goals and 2.5 assists a season. The excuses of "he's played out of position, on the wing and teams double-up on him" won't wash with me. He sees plenty of the ball every damn game and produces very little.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spray said:

People make out like Grealish is this "unlocking creative genius" that changes games and frightens defences up and down the country. In reality (the real world) he scares no team, barely creates anything, rarely changes a game and is averaging 2 goals and 2.5 assists a season. The excuses of "he's played out of position, on the wing and teams double-up on him" won't wash with me. He sees plenty of the ball every damn game and produces very little.

Spot on!

9 minutes ago, Spray said:

Presently, its hard to argue with that.

Edited by TRO

If you replaced Grealish with Eriksen or Silva today it wouldn't have made a difference. He can't magically do it all himself, he played his best football last year with Adomah and Snodgrass who gave him options.

We have some good individual players but they aren't set up to play as a team and get the best out of them. Put Harry Kane up front it won't make a difference either, we don't create enough. The shape and style needs sorting it's the most unbalanced squad I have seen in a long time.

• Like 2

Â