The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Haha villa-revolution !

A little bit more ITK info. An agent just text my dad saying hes with a charlton scout and they want him on loan... :o

Cheers for the comments lads !

Great to see him score tonight. I think it would be good for him to go out on loan and get him ready for first team football. Certainly one for the future.

Think a loan to the Championship would do him the world of good to be honest. 

If Lambert keeps him in the development team for a bit it would do Grealish a lot of good to get some competitive first team action under his belt. Maybe even just an emergency loan for a month or so at the beginning of the season, if he does well bring him into the fold here and give him some cup games, or leave him at Charlton till January.

Our young players dont go out on loan enough, one of the reasons they some times struggle in the first team. Even though it was only a short loan Baker has leapfrogged Clark in the last 2 years having been on loan to Millwall and Clark was the only one rated by fans at the time.

Don't like loans, certainly not for young lads like Grealish. Keep him here bossing u21 football with a few sniffs of the first team, if he isn't quite at the level then loan him out.

This ....hes growing fast in our system he likes it ..lambert likes him and his style ..keep him at vp and push for a few cup games and an odd prem game

Don't like loans, certainly not for young lads like Grealish. Keep him here bossing u21 football with a few sniffs of the first team, if he isn't quite at the level then loan him out.

This ....hes growing fast in our system he likes it ..lambert likes him and his style ..keep him at vp and push for a few cup games and an odd prem game

I don't know. I think being loaned out to a league as competitive as the Championship, playing against men, would be really beneficial for him.

It wouldn't be as good as the odd appearance he'd make in the first team, but it'd certainly be better than playing against reserves and U21s.

• Like 2

loans depend on the manager of the club and the tactics they use, for example i wouldnt have minded sending some youngsters to play under poyet at brighton last year, not sure how powell sets charlton up

this kid can play, absolutely no point in sending him to a kick and rush, scrappy championship team just so he can play every week, he'd be better staying here in our youth team, maybe making 4/5 sub appearances in the cups

Recognise this is slightly OT but what about Gary Gardner? I really think he needs a season of regular first XI football after the past two years he's had  surely he needs a loan to help fulfil his potential?

Bugger loans in the championship. A fat lot of good they did for the likes of Bannan and Delfouneso. 

Yet Gabby, Weimann, Baker and Cahill(in the past) hugely benefited from them.

It all depends on the player and the environment they are put into.

Gardner is a different kettle of fish, he is at the point now where he has to play and has a lot to prove following injury. Similar for Johnson and even Burke, Carruthers they are on their second pro deal and haven't yet made the grade, they now need to play.

I do agree with the fact that he should play for a team that actually has some good football. From what I remember, Charlton wasn`t that bad was they? I mean it`s very relative to the player and the team he goes to. There is a different outcome everywhere.

Bugger loans in the championship. A fat lot of good they did for the likes of Bannan and Delfouneso. 

Yet Gabby, Weimann, Baker and Cahill(in the past) hugely benefited from them.

It all depends on the player and the environment they are put into.

Don't loan players to Blackpool then I guess.

IMO we don't loan players out quickly enough.

Not saying send Grealish out to Charlton first thing tomorrow but obviously if as I suspect he isn't making the bench by November then I don't see the issue with him going to a decent club like Charlton and getting some experience rather than just playing reserve football.

Good to have his brother on here anyway although will amuse me having him on here if in a few years we have a Benteke like situation with him!

Â