The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If he continues to stand out, there's no reason he won't find himself very close to first team consideration. If he's good enough, he's old enough. From the sounds of it he certainly hasn't done himself any harm and he appears to play a position we're not naturally stacked in either.

He's going to be absolutely brilliant. He'll play at the top level.

OBE was right, the lad just glides. No fuss, no bluster, just majestic footwork and a good brain.

Love him.

If he continues to stand out, there's no reason he won't find himself very close to first team consideration. If he's good enough, he's old enough. From the sounds of it he certainly hasn't done himself any harm and he appears to play a position we're not naturally stacked in either.

This. Looks ready to me.

What position is he BOF?Saw a bit of the NextGen and seemed to be on the wing?

I see him as a naturally attacking left sided midfielder who drifts in. The position we kind of currently have Gabby shoe-horned. And no obvious replacement for Gabby to any sufficient level. It'll be interesting to see the line-ups as we get closer to proper kick off. You have to assume they'll start to become more representative of a real XI as we go through the pre-season.

First time I saw Jack was in the NextGen series and he was head and shoulders above everyone. He has a poise and class about him which you just don't see in British players. I haven't seen him play in the friendlies but its good to hear that he's been playing well. I think Grealish position is a Left Attacking Midfielder. He's kinda like Silva in the sense that he doesn't really play centrally but will look to cut inside and link up with others.

I see him as a naturally attacking left sided midfielder who drifts in. The position we kind of currently have Gabby shoe-horned. And no obvious replacement for Gabby to any sufficient level. It'll be interesting to see the line-ups as we get closer to proper kick off. You have to assume they'll start to become more representative of a real XI as we go through the pre-season.

Im guessing, Tonev was signed as Gabby's backup/competition but his injury has elevated JG there. It appears he is grabbing the opportunity and fair play to him for that

I thought Jack did well last night, looked relaxed enough to play his normal game which was great to see.

Same goes to Callum, DJ, Samir and Janoi too. All looked confident that they can play a part.

I think Jack will take another year of development to get up to the speed of the Prem. I don't expect to see much of him this year but may get a few sub appearances depending on where we are in the league.

Same goes for DJ.

I actually think Janoi is stacking a great claim to replace Lichaj this year and be our 2nd choice RB. Long term he is a CB for sure though.

Samir I think will get more first team time than the others this year. He has a bit more physicality about his game which suggests it is now or never for him. I am going to predict 2 league starts, 5/7 sub appearances and maybe a couple of cup games for him this year.

From what I saw of Jack in the Next Gen he really has great feet but I wonder whether he has the physical strength to cope with strong PL defenders who will hit him hard? Players like Messi and Bale not only have great feet, pace etc but they are also physically very strong.

That said I think Jack is a great talent with massive potential and look forward to him getting a PL start to see how he fares.

From what I saw of Jack in the Next Gen he really has great feet but I wonder whether he has the physical strength to cope with strong PL defenders who will hit him hard? Players like Messi and Bale not only have great feet, pace etc but they are also physically very strong.

That said I think Jack is a great talent with massive potential and look forward to him getting a PL start to see how he fares.

The modern game might suit him in that sense. It hasn't hurt Ashley Young. You can't touch flair players these days.

He is 17

long way to go on the development front with regards to his physicality. He is far stronger now than he was 6 months ago

Edited by villaglint

Â