The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He shouldn't be loaned out. He's a better wing option than albrighton and bacuna. With Nzogbia in the bomb squad I'd have grealish along with tonev as back up for weimann and gabby.

Pretty much this.

Stated before that this guy is going to be the pick of the bunch concerning our academy and with recent performances have seen nothing to change my mind on that.

What would you prove by loaning him out as he's already good enough to be in our first team.

Better we get the benefit now than someone else and am urging Lambert to blood him in the Premiership as soon as possible with of course one eye on not burning him out too quickly.

If we are fantasy picking where he would go on loan then I think Watford would be great for him

Why?

They play a 3-5-2 with wingbacks. So the only position he could play in their formation is behind the strikers... He's still incredibly young and it would be a massive ask for him to 1) get in their first team ahead of their current midfielders (like Abdi, McGugan and their own hot prospect, Sean Murray) and 2) positively affect Championship games from that position as, obviously, it's a hugely physical league.

I don't think he should be loaned out. Perhaps sometimes we have been guilty of not utilising the loan system to full affect (Would Clark and Albrighton have benefited?). But I also don't agree with the assumption that farming a player out (especially this early in his career!) automatically will 'make him a better player'. Perhaps on FM, but not in real life.

I agree with the poster who suggested that Gardner, Carruthers and Johnson etc are the type of players we should be loaning out. Players whose development is clearly stalled by not playing first team football. Grealish is still only 18!

We're not saying 'in an ideal world' at all aha. Charlton have shown interest and thats it so far. No doubt theyre would be more interest if we were looking for a loan but I think were looking at what will happen this year at villa before anything else. Interesting to see everyone elses views on the loan interest though. Seems like a split verdict.

If we are fantasy picking where he would go on loan then I think Watford would be great for him

Why?

They play a 3-5-2 with wingbacks. So the only position he could play in their formation is behind the strikers... He's still incredibly young and it would be a massive ask for him to 1) get in their first team ahead of their current midfielders (like Abdi, McGugan and their own hot prospect, Sean Murray) and 2) positively affect Championship games from that position as, obviously, it's a hugely physical league.

I don't think he should be loaned out. Perhaps sometimes we have been guilty of not utilising the loan system to full affect (Would Clark and Albrighton have benefited?). But I also don't agree with the assumption that farming a player out (especially this early in his career!) automatically will 'make him a better player'. Perhaps on FM, but not in real life.

I agree with the poster who suggested that Gardner, Carruthers and Johnson etc are the type of players we should be loaning out. Players whose development is clearly stalled by not playing first team football. Grealish is still only 18!

Jack is more than good enough to play CAM and if he keeps progressing I see no reason why that wouldnt be his natural position. His natural style of play to go on a run taking on a few players and play a short pass to another player would make him a perfect candidate for that role.

I'd even go as far to say that playing in a 3-5-2 behind the striker would allow Jack to float behind the striker on the left and right and allow him to really adapt his game. I also think playing for someone like Zola would be great for him.

Agree on the competition for places though, Ideally he will get some first team games this season so if there are a few already he chances would be stunted. However it could also be the making of him if he managed to successfully fight his way through.

I'd love it if him and Carruthers could really make a name for themselves in the team this year though, could rotate between the two of them and Bacuna in the CAM role if we dont sign anybody, and use them two for cover on the wings.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Hey I stand by that too but I am not gonna be happy if he only gets 4 games! That`s my issue, I want the lad to play as much as he needs to atm, be that every other week, every week and so on. That`s why a loan to championship would do good. But it`s hard to say what lambert thinks about this, I doubt burke,johnson and donacien are gonna get that many games. Maybe donacien a couple...

And besides, he has no squad number so I doubt he will be anything of importance this season... Im still leaning towards loan on this one. 

How about we see how he does till January and see if he makes some 1st team games & some cup games. Then if needed we send him to a championship side on loan from January onwards. 

I say "how about" its not like we have any influence in it at all! Haha 

Actually think Walsall would be a good move for him.. It means he stays local so can stay with his family, they seemed to try and get the ball down and pass it about, they have a young team so he could fit in easily and there is a fairly healthy relationship between the clubs (annual fixture, we used to use pitch).

I think a loan out to a club in the championship until January would be good for him. We can insert an option to recall say if we pick up injuries in positions he can play in if we are short of bodies.

All sounds positive but we've got excited again and again in the past about players coming through the ranks only to be let down! Lets not build him up too much let him continue I'm his development and see where it takes him. I half expect something on the OS confirming a squad number for him in the near future though.

I am disappointed that Kevan will no longer be posting here soon, I enjoy your posts!

• Like 1

Uncle Ray Graydon said to me today he liked the look of Jack, he said he has the attributes to be a top player. 

Ray Graydon - A top top quality crosser of the ball. One of the main reasons Andy Gray scored all those goals first time around at Villa Park.

Tell him the Holte End says "Hello!"

• Like 1

Â