The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Uncle Ray Graydon said to me today he liked the look of Jack, he said he has the attributes to be a top player. 

Ray Graydon - A top top quality crosser of the ball. One of the main reasons Andy Gray scored all those goals first time around at Villa Park.

Tell him the Holte End says "Hello!"

I will - he's just down at Nan & Grandads atm :P 

I'd loan him to a premiership club if there's anyone interested TBH. He'll get a much better education that way

better off staying here then, we are not exactly top 6 team to allow our squad players on loan

• Like 1

I'd loan him to a premiership club if there's anyone interested TBH. He'll get a much better education that way

wut? if he is going to a premiership team then we might as well use him. As I said before it all depends on how many games he get.  We will see, I wonder if he is going to be in the squad against shamcock and malaga

better off staying here then, we are not exactly top 6 team to allow our squad players on loan

I think its more to do with the level of players he will come up against rather than who he plays with.  

He would be best off at championship level for a season IMO.

Why loan him?

He's eligable for the U19s Next Gen European Competition which is tremendous experience and he'll probably play more for the U21s development squad than the U18s.

Also he'd probably benefit from travelling with the first team during several games and coming on as subs in the Prem or given a starting berth in the cups -

last thing we want is to burn the lad out or send him off to a league where they kick lumps out of players showing a bit of skill.

wut? if he is going to a premiership team then we might as well use him. As I said before it all depends on how many games he get.  We will see, I wonder if he is going to be in the squad against shamcock and malaga

Obviously if we're going to use him we're not going to send him out on loan regardless. But if we're not going to use him, why not have him cut his teeth in the premier league with another club? 

Why loan him?

He's eligable for the U19s Next Gen European Competition which is tremendous experience and he'll probably play more for the U21s development squad than the U18s.

Also he'd probably benefit from travelling with the first team during several games and coming on as subs in the Prem or given a starting berth in the cups -

last thing we want is to burn the lad out or send him off to a league where they kick lumps out of players showing a bit of skill.

Dress it up how you like but Developmental squads and u19s next gen are still nothing more than reserve team football..

His next step should be regular first team football, he will learn a lot more, including how to deal with defenders trying to kick lumps out of him.

Edited by Nigel

Obviously if we're going to use him we're not going to send him out on loan regardless. But if we're not going to use him, why not have him cut his teeth in the premier league with another club?

Wtf

Why loan him?

Dress it up how you like but Developmental squads and u19s next gen are still nothing more than reserve team football..

His next step should be regular first team football, he will learn a lot more, including how to deal with defenders trying to kick lumps out of him.

But he's only 17. Let him develop a bit more within the club, there's plenty of time to loan him out

That makes no sense as to if Lambert feels he is ready for PL he will use him, the ability is not the main concern either, as we know he has bags of it. Besides, what are the odds he will get gametime at lets say fulham compared to us? None, chances are it would be be hull or palace. And I doubt a 17 year old wonderkid on loan is what they see is fitting. Charlton would be perfect imo, but that`s my look at it. Personal preference would be to see him play several games this year, not a starter but someone who got plenty of time to show himself. Something like Nzogbia got last year. 

But he's only 17. Let him develop a bit more within the club, there's plenty of time to loan him out

Thats a good argument 90% of the time, but its as much to do with physical attributes as anything else. 17 is not an unusual age to make a big step up.

Let him stay, play U19, U21 and the odd first team squad - he will probably(hopefully) make it - hope his head is screwed on as sometimes on twitter he shows his age.

He is 17. Given a couple of years around men and he'll change, it's part of life.

Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Ben Davies

All players aged 17/18 who made their bow in the PL last season and looked good.

With Grealish looking good in pre-season then he should be playing this season regardless of his age.

Wtf

I fail to see how that was so confusing for you? If a PL side was willing to take him and play him considerably more than we would, why would it not make sense to let him go there and get PL experience?

Â