The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Obviously if we're going to use him we're not going to send him out on loan regardless. But if we're not going to use him, why not have him cut his teeth in the premier league with another club?

Wtf

I fail to see how that was so confusing for you? If a PL side was willing to take him and play him considerably more than we would, why would it not make sense to let him go there and get PL experience?

Wtf

• Like 1

Because uhm. We're a premier league side. If Lambert thought he had the ability to be loaned to a PL he might as well just stay at Villa! :P

Or, he might not just fit into our side at the moment. Bent is a good enough to play in the PL, but he's not getting a look in, for example. My whole point, which I even said in it, was that IF WE'RE NOT GOING TO GIVE HIM AS MUCH GAME TIME AS HE NEEDS and a PL side wanted him on loan, that should be where  he goes

the club to be at if you're a young player trying to break onto the scene is Aston Villa under Paul Lambert :3

Plenty of other clubs fielded younger players than we did last yr.

As for JG, hope he continues to work hard on his game, as it would be a shame to see his development falter. Hope he gets to shine for the Irish u21's. Has it definitely been ruled out making the switch to England?

Because uhm. We're a premier league side. If Lambert thought he had the ability to be loaned to a PL he might as well just stay at Villa! :P

Or, he might not just fit into our side at the moment. Bent is a good enough to play in the PL, but he's not getting a look in, for example. My whole point, which I even said in it, was that IF WE'RE NOT GOING TO GIVE HIM AS MUCH GAME TIME AS HE NEEDS and a PL side wanted him on loan, that should be where  he goes

So lets say he goes to what club? Southampton? Fulham? Because he's not going to go to a top 8 club.

He's playing for our DIRECT competitors so it does not benefit AVFC...? Why would we loan him to another team who we're competing against? I'm not sure whether this is clear or not. Am I being clear? 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

the club to be at if you're a young player trying to break onto the scene is Aston Villa under Paul Lambert :3

As for JG, hope he continues to work hard on his game, as it would be a shame to see his development falter. Hope he gets to shine for the Irish u21's. Has it definitely been ruled out making the switch to England?

That may be right, but I wonder why all the young up coming players are choosing to come to Villa to promote their careers? Helenius/Okore/Westy/Lowton. AVFC is giving these players a right good crack at the top stage. I'd say we'd be a pretty good club for a young player to join. 

Edited by KjParton

Yes he's ireland through and through ;D

Nah, He has decided to choose Ireland at u21 level. Everything is still open at senior level (if he makes it that big) but jack has shown his commitment to ireland since he was u15 level. I have no doubt theyre would be much more hype about him if he had played for england but he loves the ireland setup at this moment in time and sees no reason to risk that by switching.

• Like 1

Nah, He has decided to choose Ireland at u21 level. Everything is still open at senior level (if he makes it that big) but jack has shown his commitment to ireland since he was u15 level. I have no doubt theyre would be much more hype about him if he had played for england but he loves the ireland setup at this moment in time and sees no reason to risk that by switching.

Damn straight ....hes ours !!!!   once trapp has gone he can get his chance :D

If you have a choice between Ireland and England, nobody can seriously argue England is the better choice - unless your considerations are purely financial. that is, better sponsorship money because England have 40 million fans while Ireland have 40 guys in a pub drinking Guinness after a hard day sheep shearing.(apologies for unimaginative stereotyping).

Ireland have a good record getting to world cup finals and happy fans with expectations so low they are always exceeded. England have not much better record getting to recent finals than Ireland, but have stupid fans who thin England's going to win. since England have never shown any technical ability to compete beyond the quarter-final stages at the Worlds or Euros, England and English media has got to be a chore if you want to enjoy your life (and are not obsessed about money). ]

I forgot to add the conclusion: if I was eligible for Ireland or Wales or Scotland as well as England I would play for Ireland rather than England and the current Welsh team, that has Gareth Bale etc. That would be much more fun than playing for England.  

Edited by Con

They may have fielded younger players, but VIlla were definitely the youngest side in the premier league overall. 

If you have a choice between Ireland and England, nobody can seriously argue England is the better choice - unless your considerations are purely financial. that is, better sponsorship money because England have 40 million fans while Ireland have 40 guys in a pub drinking Guinness after a hard day sheep shearing.(apologies for unimaginative stereotyping).

Ireland have a good record getting to world cup finals and happy fans with expectations so low they are always exceeded. England have not much better record getting to recent finals than Ireland, but have stupid fans who thin England's going to win. since England have never shown any technical ability to compete beyond the quarter-final stages at the Worlds or Euros, England and English media has got to be a chore if you want to enjoy your life (and are not obsessed about money). ]

Do you live in England, Con?

No english fan has thought England has a chance of winning anything for 10 years. We used to do that. But we used to have a team with an outside chance of doing something back in the 90s and early 2000s.

Nowadays I'd say it's the opposite. Most English fans are pessimistic about the national side.

As for the rest of your post, well it's nonsense.

I'm half Irish, and I'm thrilled Jack has chosen to play for Ireland. Fair play to him. But you're declaration that "nobody can seriously argue England is the better choice" and your reasoning behind it is utter nonsense, imo of course.

As much as I like Ireland, England are a better international side and probably will always be. That's one overwhelming reason why England might be a better choice.

I'm not saying it's a better choice for Jack. Jack's chosen Ireland for his own reasons and I fully back him. 

But I'm talking in general terms.

I'm English through and through, but I'm more than happy for Jack to play for Ireland. Lets face it, England players usually only get called up if they play for certain clubs. Given the slightly more limited talent pool Ireland has, he stands a much better chance of making it.

Then think of all the Irish lads we have at decelopment level, that will certainly help him too when he goes away with Ireland and allow him to play his natural game.

As for going out on loan, currently I don't see any need for Jack to go out, he's on an upward curve in his development, doesn't need to catch up with any fitness (like Gardner) or he has gone stale like Bannan/Delfouneso.

• Like 1

I'd much rather Jack play for Ireland, than England. We all know that if he plays for England, in a few years time, if he's still looking a good prospect, then the Man Utd/ Man City/ Chelsea/ Liverpool players at England will try to tap him up.

Also, I completely agree with what P3te said:

Obviously if we're going to use him we're not going to send him out on loan regardless. But if we're not going to use him, why not have him cut his teeth in the premier league with another club?

The point being made is that, IF... IFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... we're not going to play him (let's say we'd rather play a 20/21/22 year old player like Bacuna/ Helenius or Delph instead of him) then we'd want Grealish to be playing in the BEST team possible, to aid his development.

Lower Prem Team > Championship Side > Development Squad

I don't see why P3te's point has confused so many. It was pretty clear.

If Lambert thinks he's good enough for a lower Prem team, but thinks that we should be bedding in the new players and pushing for mid-table, then why not send him to a relegation battling side?

Because we might be battling relegation too?

I'd like to think we won't be but I'm not saying it's not a possibility.

Would we want to strengthen our potential rivals?

That's why I added the 'pushing for mid-table' ;)

If we're battling relegation then, yes, we don't want to strengthen our rivals. But hopefully, we will be comfortably 14th-10th, and pushing for 10th-8th...

But, maybe that's me being optimistic.

No english fan has thought England has a chance of winning anything for 50 years. We used to do that. But we used to have a team with an outside chance of doing something back in the 90s and early 2000s.

Nowadays I'd say it's the opposite. Most English fans are pessimistic about the national side.

Would you? I've not lived in the UK for 8 years now, so it's an impression I get from talking to my mates but the last few tournaments we've qualified really strongly (Capello more than Hodgson obviously) and confidence has been high. Not my confidence as you can see by alterations above ;)

One of my mates rang me before the last world cup saying "I just got a free 40" TV, it's awesome", I asked how the **** he got a free 40" TV without being worried about the police and he said "Ah, they had a deal on, buy it now and pay nothing if England win the world cup".

Needless to say I laughed a lot and told him to cover that with a big bet on someone who actually stood a chance of winning.

As for Jack playing for Ireland, I knew a few "Plastic Paddy's" in London (their term not mine) and although they had east London accents they had been brought up Irish and were all strong republicans. I've got a 16 month old boy born over here, and I will be doing my best to make sure his english half is something he knows about!! So you know, as a club we've had good Irish connections for as long as I can remember, Jack I suppose is in some way the fruit of that too, plus if it means he can get international level experience quicker, then that's good for him and us.

Win win.

Stick with the Irish Jacko!

Â