The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 05/06/2022 at 23:54, R.Bear said:

I hear this all the time. Can someone give me some examples of players who didnt get capped because of who they played for? It's a myth. If you're good enough, you'll get picked.

Glen Hoddle wasn't fit to lace the boots of Gordon Cowans.  Compare and contrast their international caps. 

Whilst your at it look at how many England Caps the 81 Championship Winners and 82 Champions of Europe have between them. Man United reserve players have more caps than that whole squad. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Southgate gives randoms caps just to get the love from the media and the player. e.g, Justin Jones, is no where near a international player.

Are you purposely calling him by the wrong name to get your point across that he's a nobody whose name you don't even know?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Glen Hoddle wasn't fit to lace the boots of Gordon Cowans.  Compare and contrast their international caps. 

Whilst your at it look at how many England Caps the 81 Championship Winners and 82 Champions of Europe have between them. Man United reserve players have more caps than that whole squad. 

Utter bollocks. Glenn Hoddle was one of the most gifted English players of his generation and the England team should have been built around him.

So if you win the title and European Cup, that means you should automatically be capped by your country? That Villa team was the definition of more than the sum of its parts. Without stars so its not a surprise. Much like Forest before them and their team were hardly capped either.

I never understand why so many Villa fans moan about these so called injustices. The FA is out to get us, the refs favour anyone we're playing. It's absolute drivel and embarrassingly small time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

Are you purposely calling him by the wrong name to get your point across that he's a nobody whose name you don't even know?

Errr, yeah.  Like who has ever heard of James Justin anyway.

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Utter bollocks. Glenn Hoddle was one of the most gifted English players of his generation and the England team should have been built around him.

So if you win the title and European Cup, that means you should automatically be capped by your country? That Villa team was the definition of more than the sum of its parts. Without stars so its not a surprise. Much like Forest before them and their team were hardly capped either.

I never understand why so many Villa fans moan about these so called injustices. The FA is out to get us, the refs favour anyone we're playing. It's absolute drivel and embarrassingly small time.

The refs favour the bigger teams, there is no doubt. But I wouldn't say we are singled out for shite decisions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

There most definitely is some utter bollocks being written. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There most definitely is some utter bollocks being written. 

Well that's put me in my place. How about enlightening me as to what you disagree with and let's discuss this like adults?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Southgate gives randoms caps just to get the love from the media and the player. e.g, Justin Jones, is no where near a international player.

He was right to do so, we have no left back, he needs to find 2 fit ones, I don't think he rates Chilwell so Luke Shaw will walk in to the job

dont forget trippier played LB for England in the euros when he'd never played a club game there 

• Like 2

No doubt about it he changed the game when he got on...he should play every game for England.

Mount was average but Sterling though is an anomaly, to me he really is. He was poor last night and shows why people often dislike him, it was his Scotland display all over again...running into trouble, greedy, poor shot selection, decision-making.

At one point after Greal-hiss got on Sterling took up the ball and ran towards him at the left corner and lost it just basically ignored him...why did he need to do that when a player was already there? It's often said that the main thing about Sterling has been decision-making on he pitch.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 13:38, R.Bear said:

Besides, Peter Withe was in the 1982 England World Cup squad.

Shockingly, our first ever player to be included in an England world cup squad

4 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Ambassador for special Olympics GB. I genuinely think he will do amazing things for them.

I'm still a fan, not hater, but I heard him on Talksport news. He read a statement that was obviously written for him, didn't sound very genuine. Would have been nice to say something in his own words, may have sounded a bit more like he actually knew what he was doing.

On 08/06/2022 at 06:11, villa4europe said:

Shows how inept he is

He wants an attacking player who can defend, press and chase back

He has an attacking player who pushes the opponents defensive line deeper and stops their full back from attacking... But doesn't see the defensive benefit to it 

yeah.....as a random, pele wasn't good at tracking back, amazing how how got so many games.

Southgate is out of his depth.

blimey, I am a supporter of the defensive element in a game....but Southgates view on Jack, is simply bizarre.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Under Southgate - no, his goal stats are too good, if you're looking to snatch wins then you need sterling for his tap ins

With a fully capable top manager who actually wants to play good football  - yes, all day

I dont think Sterling stats are all that. He had A good run of form in 2019 but his record really isnt great

• Like 1

Â