The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What's the context?

today's game - always used to browse the BBC player ratings and Jack was always on 8 or 9 and usually at the front. In the fours, is not good enough for this guy - its looking like a really poor move on his part, driven by ego. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

today's game - always used to browse the BBC player ratings and Jack was always on 8 or 9 and usually at the front. In the fours, is not good enough for this guy - its looking like a really poor move on his part, driven by ego. 

8s or 9s at City? Or just at Villa?

The (very strong) likelihood is he will win stuff there. Trophies, medals. He might not win a league title this season (I hope he doesn’t), but he will within the next few years. 

And he’ll make a sickening amount of money there too.

Ultimately it will be a good move for him. I’m not sure how good a move it will have been for City. Or rather, how necessary a move it will have been for them. I think he will do better out if it that them.

My hunch is he won’t be “the star” when winning these things. He’ll play his part, but someone else will more often than not be in the spotlight. Again, my hunch. I don’t know how much that would matter to him. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

wonder how that ego is fairing now. he has a bad game for villa, all that got said was "jack was a bit quiet today". tonight he's trending on twitter with the amount of stick he's getting. he must be hating this.....lolz

1 hour ago, deck said:

If that's based on an article that ran a few days ago in the Birmingham Mail, they've spun it a bit, since Guardiola's basically just pointing out that Grealish is having to adjust to the demands of playing Champions League matches midweek (" We spoke about [the new demands] and how he has to live when he's not here, with resting, sleeping.  What he's done so far is excellent..").  Doesn't particularly sound like a 'dressing down'; he's essentially saying: this is what 'stepping up' to the next level means and requires.

He played the Championship which was as many midweek games 

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

wonder how that ego is fairing now. he has a bad game for villa, all that got said was "jack was a bit quiet today". tonight he's trending on twitter with the amount of stick he's getting. he must be hating this.....lolz

His pay packet and eventual trophy’s will ease the pain. 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

There is that distinct difference in the adoration Jack will receive at Villa and Man City. 

At Villa he was very much the local boy come good, combined with being one of the most naturally gifted players ever to wear the claret and blue - even if he had a duff game, he could be forgiven due to his contribution as a whole.

At Citeh, he may get more global exposure but to a very fickle, expectant fan base. When it’s going well, I imagine it’s amazing but a couple of lesser performances could see you panned to oblivion! 

He’s made his bed and he can lie in it, with the jeers ringing in his ears 😁

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

In the fours, is not good enough for [Grealish] - its looking like a really poor move on his part, driven by ego. 

It hasn't been a spectacular start for sure, but for it to seem an outright poor move, Villa have got to start doing the business with their half of 'the equation' and get moving back up the table (if Villa lose tomorrow and Leeds beat Norwich, the latter will draw level with Villa - and Watford - on points).

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

His pay packet and eventual trophy’s will ease the pain. 

Its not about pay... he'd have earned an obscene amount here. He's gone for trophies and he'll win shit loads in the next few years

He's already done something at Citeh that he wouldn't have ever achieved at Villa - play in the Champions League. 

He wont' be as appreciated by the plastic mancs like he was here, but thats the deal with the devil isn't it. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I bet most people who vote on the bbc ratings haven't even watched the game 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played the Championship which was as many midweek games 

That's true, and the games would've been physically very demanding.  But they wouldn't have drained him in terms of momentum and confidence, because of his natural playing level relative to that of a lot of Championship players (plus he was two or three years younger then).

53 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I am sure the automatic starts for England, the high odds of winning trophies and the extra millions will cushion the blow.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am sure the automatic starts for England, the high odds of winning trophies and the extra millions will cushion the blow.

think the automatic starts might be gone for England as well. Southgate dragged him off early last game

Â